24.Lives taken

A.N : Sorry for the late update everyone

TRIGGER WARNING : THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN BLOOD AND GORE

I lead the way, finding myself unimpressed when I find more guards in the next corridor. The Queen obviously didn't position all around the ballroom, and let her subjects die while she still has a functioning guard. Marcella doesn't even blink before throwing out more blades that hit their mark perfectly. Only one man is left standing ,his body trembling. Marcella narrows her eyes at the guard and flicks her wrist. In a second, the man is hovering several feet in the air, chocking. I stare at Marcella whose eyes are purple. Another flick of her hand and the guard goes flying out the window. "Cel," Dawns voice is full of worry.

"He deserved that," Marcella responds calmly. "Your eyes are purple," Dawn points out. "I'm fine Dawn. If I had lost control even you would be dead," Marcella answers, using her magic to blast open the doors in front of us. We find ourselves in a strange room. Empty shelves surround us with a podium in the middle. I grin as I realize we are in the Queens chambers. Erin cant be to far from here... her power house. She must be hiding, waiting to strike when we least expect.

The doors behind us slam shut, the room falling dark. Dawn uses her magic to create an orb much like the one she made in the tunnel on the way to my kingdom. what a childish fear, to be afraid of the dark. I'll never understand it.After all I am the Leader of the Kingdom of Darkness. That is where I thrive. Manic chuckling fills the room. In a blink of an eye, The Queen of light appears, a wicked grin on her face. She snaps her finger once and I hear Dawn scream as she finds herself in a small cage. Another snap and i find myself in the same predicament.

"Hello Marcella", Erin says, ignoring her daughter and I. I watch as Dawn tries and fails to break her cage. It is useless. It is magic from the crown of power. The only way out is for her to let us out... or for her to die. "Eris", Marcella spits the name out. "You look just like your mother when she was your age, you know", Eris says. I watch as Marcella freezes. "We were best friends. Almost as close as sisters. And then she betrayed me", Eris states.

"You killed her", Marcella states, realizing it for the first time, her purple eyes turning darker. "She was a fool to come to this kingdom pregnant. And it seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, because here you are", the Queen grins as she pulls out a long black dagger. Next to me, Dawn gasps. "Recognize it Dawn? Its much like yours. You see, you destroyed everything you had from the box. But I still had one last thing", Eris says. "What the hell is she talking about Dawn? "I ask. "That's one of two blades that can kill Cel" ,she answers, her voice almost a whisper.

"How do you know this", I snap at her. There was a weapon that could kill Marcella this whole time? How the hell was I unaware of this? The indestructible weapon I found has a flaw. She can be killed. "I have the original blade", Dawn responds.In front of us the Queen lunges at Marcella, madness alight in her eyes. Marcella dodges the flurry of uncoordinated attacks. The Queen curses, beginning to use her magic to gain the upper hand. Having no choice, Marcella does the same.

She produces a blade just like the Queens, except hers is white in color. The Queens eyes widen as she stumbles back, recognizing the weapon. The blade of Light and the Blade of Darkness in the same room. Well copies of the blades, the real ones are lost to history.But if Dawn is telling the truth she has the original of one of these daggers. She has one of the only things more powerful than a rune box and the Crown of Power. Why was such a naive and useless girl trusted with something that powerful?

I watch as Marcella jumps up and throws her dagger. The Queen reacts too slowly and it lands in her chest perfectly. The cages start to disappear, the ground trembling beneath our feet. I find myself frowning.How much of this kingdom was made by dark magic and lies? Erin falls to her knees, coughing out blood. Marcella walks towards her, eyes ablaze. "Cel",Dawn shouts, but Marcella ignores her. " How many lives did you ruin for your insane dream?", Marcella snarls.

"How many innocents did you corrupt until they were un-savable?", Marcella creates a dagger much like the one use to kill the Queens monsters. " You deserve to rot for all of eternity", Marcella yells, moving to slice down with the blade. Her hand stops halfway." Cel", Dawn yells, using her magic to escape the cage fully as Marcella falls to her knees, the black dagger embedded in her side. " I will see you in hell Marcella Blackwell", the Queen spits her final words, falling down.

"Cel", Dawn rushes to Marcella's side, crying as she tries to see how to heal the wound. "She didn't hit a vital area Cel", Dawn whimpers. "You know that's not how this blade works", Cel smiles at Dawn." No ", Dawn sobs,"I cant lose you too. There's still so much to do. We need you Cel. I need you", she sobs pathetically. " You'll do fine without me", Cel grins, coughing violently. "I can't live without you", Dawn exclaims.

Their moment is almost touching, but I can't miss this perfect opportunity. The Queen hit Cel in a way that would kill her, that's a major threat out of my way. The only other person who could possibly be a threat is Dawn, the girl bawling over her half sisters situation."Well then" I say, Pulling out one of my hidden silver knives. " If you can't live without her. I'll be more than happy to help you join her", I grin at Dawn, who gasps at my words of malice.

Marcella narrows her eyes as she struggles to her feet. "You don't seem very upset Lucien", she says. "That your perfect half is dying", I chuckle at the girl who thinks she has known it all. I was always 10 steps ahead of her."Probably because we weren't a match", I grin, showing her my bronze rings. Marcella makes a sound like a growl, trying to rush at me, but stumbling halfway, coughing and gripping her side. I chuckle at her state, simply stepping over her.

Dawn stares at me, eyes filled with hate. "You're no better than my mother", she says. "We both know that's a lie Dawn", I say, watching as parts of the building starts to crumble and fall away. It wont take long to reach this room." Leave her the hell alone", comes Marcella's pathetic splutters. "You have both served you're purpose to me. I no longer have any use for either of you", I say, flicking my blade towards Dawn. To my surprise she barely dodges, throwing a ball of light my way.

It angers my that she thinks that will save her, so I focus my magic on her, watching as she screams, falling to her knees as her nose bleeds. "You were nothing but a pawn in this game Dawn", I tell her, stabbing her quickly. Marcella crawls over to Dawn and I walk around them, watching parts of the room fall apart. Not looking back, I move towards Erin's body, using my sword to cut off her head from her body, discarding he crown on the floor, I grab it by the hair.

I walk out of the castle and find myself outside the castle were people were gathered, watching everything they knew crumble before their very eyes. The marching of soldiers fill the air as my people dressed as soldiers surround the citizens of the kingdom of light." You will kneel before your King or die", I say. "Why kneel for a fake King when we have a Queen", one man shouts. He is killed the next moment.

Gasps fill the air as I hold up the Queens severed head. " The Queen is dead", I announce. "I am your ruler now". Everything went according to plan.