Chapter 1: The Beach

Chishiya POV:

I LEANED AGAINST A WALL as a guy in all black walked around carrying an assault rifle, I'm guessing it's a M4A1 Carbine. He had a few piercings on his face. Two on his right brow, one on his nose, and one on his tongue. He often showed off the piercing on his tongue by sticking his tongue out to others, he seemed like an eccentric person. I glared at him as he jokingly threatened the others with the gun. As my eyes followed him around the room, reading him, he glanced over to me and made eye contact. I still maintained my usual poker face, glaring at him, piercing through his manic eyes.

He walked up to me, pointing his stupid gun at my chest, and towered over me. "Got a problem, short ass?" He said with a low tone. I put my hands up sarcastically and smirked, "You just seem psychotic, is all." I didn't budge as he continued to tower over my body.

"Niragi! If you don't stop harassing the newbies you'll have to face the consequences of your actions. (Niragi! Shoshinsha e no iyagarase o yamenakereba, jibun no kōi no kekka ni chokumen suru koto ni narudeshou.)" Hatter yelled at him. So, his name is Niragi, huh? I thought. Niragi honestly deserved it.

I don't even know why I'm here, I'm just here. Well, I do know how I got here.

FLASHBACK

I was playing my sixth game in the Borderlands, 6 of Spades. I wasn't all that good with spade games, but I ended up solving it for the team without needing to fight. Honestly, if you look into it more, all the games in the Borderlands always make you play a mind game at the end to clear the game, you just need to be observant enough. They're all diamond games with more obstacles to go through, hence why it's a bit more difficult to get through.

After solving the puzzle for the game, a man in a robe with medium-length hair went up to me, with what looked like his 'bodyguards' behind him.

"Hey, you seem to be an experienced player."
"Why, yes I am."
"Why don't you come with me? I am a leader of a utopia, or you could call it a 'haven'. You seem experienced and useful."
Well, I had nothing to lose really, and if I joined him, I could have something to gain. So, I said 'yes'.

END OF FLASHBACK

Hatter explained the purpose of the Beach and told us the layout of it. Afterward, we were all excused.

When I was about to leave the room, Hatter called. "Ah, it's Shuntaro Chishiya, right? (Ā, chishiyashuntarou-sandesu ne.)" I took off my earbuds and turned around to face him. "Yes, why? (Hai, nazedesu ka?)" I hummed, "I've noticed from the game we played that you're quite a bit observant, diligent, and intelligent. (Anata ga dorehodo kansatsu-ryoku ga ari, kinben de, sōmeidearu ka ni tsuite wa, watashi wa yoku shitte imasu.)" I cocked my eyebrow, what was he trying to imply? "Say, why don't you join the board members? (Sa, anata mo jikko menba ni kuwawarimasen ka?)" My eyes looked down, I thought about it and maybe being a board member can help me get out of the borderlands faster. "Sure, why not? (Oke, naze damedesu ka?)" I replied with a slight smile. I glanced at the Niragi guy and he looked at me in disbelief. I wonder why.

I walked out of the meeting room and went on to find the room Hatter assigned me to stay in. I felt someone was following me. I could feel it was Niragi.

When I finally got to my room, I tried to shut my door behind me when something, or someone, stopped it from closing. It was Niragi, "Oi.". I turned my head to the side as I looked at him through the corner of my eyes. "Can I help you? (Ikaga nasaimashita ka?)" I responded. He grabbed my shoulder and made me face him. "You must feel cocky after being an board member, huh? (Kanbu ni nattara namaikidesu yo ne?)" "A bit. (Jakkan.)" "Well listen here, you shit. I saw how you glared at me earlier, don't think you're better than everyone because Hatter complimented you and made you a board member. (Ma, kiite kure yo, kuso yaro. Saki hoto anata ga watashi o niramitsukete ita no o mimashitaga, boshi-ya ga anata o homete kanbu menba ni shitakara to itte, anata ga hokanohito yori sugurete iru to omou hitsuyo wa arimasen)" He said as he was slowly walking towards me while pushing the muzzle of his gun onto me. But I didn't budge, I looked up at him with a smirk knowing it'll most likely piss him off.

Our bodies were very close to each other, he was looking down on me, then scoffed with a look of annoyance. He tilted his head and took a look around the room.

Suddenly, Aguni called us using the walkie-talkie Hatter gave me. "Do you know where Niragi is? I have a mission for you both. Over. (Niragi ga doko ni aru ka shitte imasu ka? Anata-tachi futari ni shimei ga arimasu. Ijo.)" Niragi aggressively took the walkie-talkie out of my pocket and replied to Aguni, "What is it? I can do it by myself, why does this newbie have to come? Over. (Sorehanandesuka? Watashi wa hitro de dekiru no ni, naze kono shoshinsha ga konakereba naranai nodesu ka? Ijo.)" "Because Hatter said so. Now, let me explain the mission. (Hatta-san ga so ittakaradesu. Soredawa, misshon ni tsuite setsumei sa sete itadakimasu)"

Aguni said that Hatter found out that one of the people from the Beach hid weapons under their swimsuits somehow, but they aren't sure. They both sent us on this mission to test me and to also kill traitors, per rule number 3, 'Death to all traitors'.

Niragi was assigned to shoot them from the roof while I would blend in with the crowd to observe them and listen to their conversation. They were at the pool. I threw a voice memo recorder hidden as a rock that I built under a chair near them to pick up on their conversation.

I put my hood on and watched them not far away. I noticed they were either wearing jackets or their clothes seemed a little bulky in certain areas that covered their skin, which could mean they might be hiding something. I could sense they were speaking quietly so no one could hear them, there was a chance the voice memo wouldn't pick the audio up. I'm going to hope the recorder is going to pick up the audio... I thought to myself.

After a bit, they finally left the area and got the recorder safely. I took it from the bottom and put it up to my ear so I could listen to it.

"Does everyone have weapons? (Min'na jū o motte imasu ka?) " A woman asked,
"Yes. (Hai.)" "So, now that we've got weapons from previous games, we need to think of a plan to kill the executives. The Beach is nice and all, but I feel like this is part of, whoever is making these ludicrous games, plans. (To iu koto de, zensaku no jū o teniireta tokorode, kanbu o satsugai suru keikaku o kangaeru hitsuyō ga arimasu. Bīchi wa subarashīdesuga, kore wa korera no gēmu o tsukutte iru hito no keikaku no ichibudearu yō ni kanjimasu.)"

That was all I needed to hear. I took out my walkie-talkie.

"Traitors. (Uragirimono.)" I said to Niragi, who was patiently waiting on the rooftop. I waited for him to shoot them down, and he did so. The other people started to shout and run away from the area. I stayed behind, waiting for Niragi to come down and drag the bodies with me to the blue bin behind the Beach.

I dragged one of the women, while Niragi and the rest of the militants dragged all the others. Tsk, they weren't cautious enough. After dragging the bodies, we all headed back to inside the Beach.

"Mission accomplished. Over. (Ninmu kanryō. Ijō.)"

____________________________

1,360 words

ey I think this first chapter did pretty well. I re-wrote this and added some details, I hope you all liked it!