Chapter 5: Lovely Osculations

NOT GOING TO LIE, NIRAGI and I savored our time chit-chatting. I knew more about him, the more I could pull his strings so he could be a puppet for my escape with Kuina. I found out he used to work as a game engineer, which is interesting. I'll say he was a better person in the real world, but the Borderlands seemed to have drastically changed his mindset.

 "Hey Chishiya,"
"What?"
"Why don't we play a game, hm?" He said with a smirk on his face
"What game?"
"Truth or dare. If you can't do a dare, or answer a question, you drink."
"I don't drink."
"Oh, well it's fine if you don't think you can win, you can just tell me I'm better" He teased,
Oh hell no.
"Alright then."
His alcohol of choice was vodka, not surprising.

  It had been an hour and we still kept going, though we were more drunk than we were already than before. None of us wanted to admit defeat. This felt like an everlasting game of truth or dare instead of an enjoyable one. But we were almost out of vodka, so we were down to the last question. I had to ask Niragi, and if he didn't want to answer, he lost and I won, so I needed to think of a question or dare he for sure won't be able to do.

"Truth or dare?" I asked
"Dare."
"Kiss me."
"What?!"
"Kiss me, if not, then accept your defeat and drink, bitch."
He looked at me with an annoyed face, then glanced at the vodka, then at me. I tilted my head and smirked to tease him. "So?" He looked at me, dead in the eyes, and then suddenly put his hand at the back of my head and pulled me into a kiss

  Why didn't I expect this? He's Suguru Niragi, the raven-haired militant who fucked almost every girl at The Beach. Well, in my defense, I didn't foresee him kissing me, I didn't know he was bisexual. My eyes widened in surprise and I gasped, he took that as an opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. I felt his cold metal piercing roll around in my mouth as his tongue explored every centimeter of my mouth. He pulled away from the kiss, with a string of saliva connecting our mouths.

I guess I could say our kiss was...lovely?

We were both panting heavily, and our faces were 2 inches apart. I stared deeply into his pretty brown eyes. We stared at each other for a few seconds before he slowly pulled away. Niragi stood up, grabbed his gun that was on the floor, and ran to the staircase leading back to inside the Beach, leaving me behind on the roof...alone.

I was dumbfounded. I blinked a couple of times, trying to process what just happened. I took a deep breath and stood up as well. As I was walking back to my room on the second floor, I came across Niragi. And he was flirting with some girl. She had her arms wrapped around his neck while his left hand was grabbing her by the waist and his right hand traveling her chest. I felt something break in my chest, as if my heart was made of glass and it cracked. I disregard this feeling and put my hood on while walking past them with a cold shoulder. 

Once I had arrived at my room, I immediately flopped onto my bed and fell asleep in no time.
.

I woke up at 8:30 in the morning. I groaned. We always have meetings, I swear to god. I walk out of my room and head to the meeting room. Once I had arrived, everyone was already there, and the only one missing was me. "Finally. (Tsuini.)" Aguni groaned. I sat in my seat and Hatter started his announcement.

 "So, we're missing a few cards. And that there will be games that need to be played. You probably know where this is going. (Sore de, ichibu no kādo ga zaiko-gire to natte orimasu. Soshite, purei shinakereba naranai shiai mo arudarou. Osoraku, kore ga doko e mukau no ka gozonjideshou.)" He said with a smile that never left his face.
 "How about let's try something different this time?"
 "What do you mean, Hatter?" Aguni, from across the table, questioned Hatter.

I could say he spoke for all of us when he asked that. "Why don't we partner up our best players depending on their forté?" I smirked at Hatter's idea. It wasn't that bad actually, it was pretty good. Since we didn't know the specialty of the game we were playing until we were registered,

 "It would be smart to pair up a diamond player with a spade player, though, the only problem would be when you specialize in hearts and partnered up with someone who specializes in clubs, as heart games tend to toy with people's emotions, and clubs usually require you to work together. Someone who specializes in hearts can manipulate, which is a disadvantage when playing a club game, but a club player will have more knowledge in teamwork and will be more attached to their teammates, placing too much trust, which could be a disadvantage for a hearts game." I explained to Hatter. "Why don't we separate ourselves into only two groups? Those whose forté is in clubs or spades would be considered the same. If your forté is hearts, you'd be considered a diamond player."

I suggested to him, Hatter welcomed my suggestion, and so did the others in the meeting room. "I'll be picking your partners. Aguni and I will be partners, Kuzuryu and Last Boss, Mira and two other militants; Niragi and Chishiya, And also, An and that lady friend of Chishiya. Her forte is in spades, correct?" I nodded. I started to reminisce when Kuina and I met.

FLASHBACK

It was during my eighth game in the borderland, it was a spades game and I was getting chased down by one of the taggers with a machete in its hand and he was running quite fast. I ended up tripping while running in the woods, I honestly thought it would be the end of me right then and there but Kuina ended up throwing a rock at the tagger, distracting him and making him lose his focus on me and instead on Kuina. The tagger immediately ran toward her without hesitation. She hid behind one of the trees, picking up anything she could throw at the tagger along the way, but she ended up tripping as well. I ran up toward the tagger, quietly but quickly, and tased his side. I helped Kuina up and brought her to the Beach after we cleared the game, as I felt indebted to her for saving my life, though I don't care much about my life, but still. Ever since then, we've stuck together.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Eh?! But my forté is in diamonds, and so is Chishiya. I can't be partners with him." Niragi abruptly interrupted Hatter in protest of the partnering. It's nice to know we still despised each other to the core, despite what happened last night. "Relax, some other militants will go too, but your primary partner will be Chishiya since he is more intelligent, you will be his spade partner." Niragi opened his mouth once again to protest but was stopped by Aguni when he signaled Niragi to just keep his mouth shut. He rolled his eyes and we continued the meeting like usual.

_____________________________________

A/N

If you read Ace of My Heart before I re-wrote it, you'd know that chapter five used to be a smut chapter huhu. I decided to change it because it was kind of out of character, i hope it's alright! 

Dw, the smut chapter will come further on

Love you all, thank you for reading! and also tysm for 300+ reads:D I really appreciate it sm<3

1311 words