Chapter - 02

The corner

“What's wrong, Ongsa?”

"Nothing. Let’s go to the Assambly.” Ongsa pretends nothing happened even though her heart is dancing to hip-hop.

Guess how shocked Ongsa is to see Sun in line next to her. She is so stunned that she still has her hands clasped in front of her chest after saying some prayers, and Charoen has to put them down. Ongsa continues daydreaming on the first day of school.

“Ongsa, what’s wrong? You seem in a trance. Didn’t you sleep well?” Tinh asks worriedly.

"No. I went to bed late yesterday.” Ongsa just agrees, not bothering to explain and also not knowing how to explain it to her friends.

“You can't be like this. Classes are back. You need to adjust your bedtime, or you’re screwed.” Chareon alerts.

"Okey. I will go to bed early tonight.”

How hilarious is it that Ongsa suddenly became a fan of a girl her age and out of nowhere the girl shows up at the same school. The funniest thing is that even though they are so close, nothing has changed compared to when they were at different schools.

Although some things have indeed changed. Ongsa found Sun's Facebook and Twitter accounts and sent her a friend request and followed her.

… Just that…

Ongsa loves it when Sun smiles.

…She is completely happy to see her smile up close…

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

“Ongsa, if we don't choose our positions, they will make us dance. What we do?"

“…”

“Ongsa!!!”

"Huh?!"

“Did you hear Chareon’s question? Shit, you're on your phone all day, Does your boyfriend live there? Can you look up and talk to us?” Tinh grumbles. Ongsa immediately puts her cell phone on the table.

"What?"

“I asked what position we should take for Sports Day. Are you going to dance like last year?” Chareon asks again.

"Nah…I'll pass. Can't be bothered to practice"

"Yeah.. Me to! "

While they are discussing, someone approaches them.

“Tinh.”

“Ah… Pai. Hi.”

{Note : Pai is the girl's name.}

Charoen and Ongsa are the shy ones in the gang, they hardly socialize. Tinh is the opposite. He is a social animal who knows everyone at school. The senior he greeted earlier is the head of the student council activities team.

“Have you chosen a position for Sports Day yet?”

"Not yet. What’s wrong?”

“Would you mind helping the student council with the palanquins?”

{Note: A sedan chair is a portable chair, open or closed, supported by two side poles. The litters used in the East are generally referred to as palanquins, a term that sometimes also applies to their human carriers.}

“Do you want me to sit on one?”

"No. I want you to help carry it.”

…Touché!