Chapter 32

"Harley will not get away with this." I say holding Selina close.

"Let's go kick some serious ass," She said angrily. "no one touches my baby and gets away with it."

"Get changed. Our identity is at stake, not just Damian's life." I say gruffly.

"You're right. I'll change and you get the car." She says, her voice dripping with venom. She has murderous intent and if we don't get Damian back safely I will too.

*Flashback*

"Come on Bruce! You're so slow!" Selina squeals at me.

"I am not!" I protest, struggling to keep up.

"Yes you are!" She says giggling as I finally catch up.

"Where are we going anyway?" I say inquisitively.

She smiles, her smile whispering, "Wouldn't you like to know..."

We kept running down the sidewalk with the sun beginning to hide in the leaves of the trees.

"We're here." She says tackling me, smirking as she looks at me.

I look into her beautiful eyes and I cannot help but smile. She will be my wife someday. I just know it. I reach up and gently place my hand on her cheek and lean up to place a kiss on her mouth. She stops me.

"Bruce Wayne...I love you, but I never wanna be someone's housewife, maybe we can fight all these horrible villains together someday, maybe someday I can be yours, but I called you today because I have to leave. Gotham isn't safe for me right now...something happened and soon it's gonna be more than just me. I can't let anyone else get hurt for me. This is goodbye." She says, kissing me just before disappearing into the night.

I searched for hours, but I never found her. She was...she was just...gone.

*Reality*

I pull up at the Selina's apartment complex and she jumps in before I even come to a complete stop.

"Let's get going. We need to listen to the scanner and figure out where they are. I'm ready to save my baby and get some revenge." She says grinning evilly. She looks to me and her grin fades. "Bruce, you...you look like you've seen a ghost. What happened?"

"Salt in an old wound, that's all. We can discuss it later, right now we need to save Dami-"

"Attention, all squads report to the old police station immediately. We have an urgent situation at hand." The scanner cuts in.

"Damian!" Selina and I say in unison and I punch in the coordinates for the old police station and stomp on the gas.

"This is Bat and Cat. We are on our way." I say into the speaker on my scanner.

"Don't worry Damian, we're coming." I whisper.