Chapter 18

I stand there staring at Selina. She loves me?! I mean of course she does she said so, but how could she ever love me. I've been a monster to her.

"Did I just say that out..." She begins as she brings me back to reality. I kiss her before she can finish her thought.

"Yes. Yes you did and I have something to say to you."

"Oh my. I'm not sure how I feel about..."

"Selina Kyle. I love you, very very much. I have for a very very long time and I...I want to be with you. I really do."

Selina looks at me with a confused look on her face. She tenses up and swallows hard, like shes nervous.

"Bruce, there's something you need to know about me...something no one knows."

"Okay, what is it? It can't be that bad."

"Bruce, I have a child. I never told anyone, because I am ashamed of it. I was sexually abused for several months, a few years ago by someone who lost his life in a police chase. I got pregnant and had my beautiful baby boy, who has no father. He's almost three and he's the reason I became...well a thief. I needed to provide for him. If you and I continue this I need you to accept him as well."

"Selina, I love you and I am willing to do what it takes to be with you. That brings me to what I need to ask you..."