part 4- the sleepover 💤

finney pov:

i hung up the phone. why was i so nervous? robin is
just a friend from school. and he's a guy, why do i
care so much? i swallowed my anxiety and headed
to gwen's room.

"gwen!!! i'm going over to my friends house to help him with math! i'll be back later!" i yell. "okay!! don't be too long!" she shouts. i smile leaving her a note making sure to let her know to lock the door.

as im around half way there, i spot the dynamic trio, matt, matty, and buzz, who seem to all my eyeing me down like im some sort of prey. i look at them with a face of disgust rolling my eyes. "god, i just moved here! why are they such dicks?" i scoff

- time skip to when he gets to robins -

*DIIIIINNGGG DONGGGG*

robin swung open the door. "hey robin.!" i say, giving him a short smile. "oh hey finney! come in, ill show you around and most importantly, to my room." he winks while gesturing for him to come in. what the fuck was that? why did he wink at me? i don't know, it's probably just something he does to his friends?

i walk inside robins house, which ultimately smells like cheap cologne and candles trying to cover up the scent. "your house is real nice robin" i say hinting a smile.

"aaand this is my sister brooke" "brooke this is finney, my new friend from school" he says switching his eyes back and forth to me and her. "hi finney it's nice to meet you, are you new to the town?" she smiles. "yeah actually i just moved here a couple days ago." i return the smile

"my uncle is away on a work trip, he'll be back in a couple days" robin says while walking up to his room. "woah, nice room robin! it's huge in here!" i say, astonished by how put together everything is. it's nothing near clean of course, but i didn't expect much more from robin, considering how he both looks and acts on the daily..

"so, where should we start?" robin says plopping down onto the floor, notebook in hand. "okay, look through all the questions and find the hardest one. we'll do the hardest ones first so i can explain everything to you, and so the easier questions are well.. easy."

robin pov:

i could listen to finney talk all day. not that i like, like it or anything it's just kinda.. calming?? no it's not robin! what are you even saying? "robin? robin! ROBIN" finney waves his hand infront of me. "are you even listening? i see why you need tutoring.." finney scoffs. ouch. "hey atleast i'm trying to get help. atleast i'm not just doing nothing about it!" i say. "jeez sorry" he chuckles.

- time skip to a few hours later -

finney pov:

"hey uh robin? what time is it? the sun is kinda setting" i say nervously. i knew my dad was coming home from work soon, usually around 8:30, and i didn't want him to get gwenny in trouble for my actions.

"it's 8:27" robin says looking up from his watch. "EIGHT TWENTY SEVEN?!" " i gotta go, your welcome for the tutoring but my dad doesn't really want me out the house late" i yell, quickly packing up my things "woah woah woah.. what's with the rush? it's okay, just like call your dad and ask him to sleepover! if you want to of course" robin says standing up.

sleep. over. SLEEPOVER? at ROBINS? i mean i personally would love to but my dad would never let me! "i mean, he's gonna say no but i can atleast ask.." i say, walking to the black phone (😏) on robins wall.

*beep beep bop beep bep RIIIIIIIIIING*

"hey uh.. dad?" "what finney?" "i'm just at my friend robins house, tutoring him for math.. do you mind if i sleep over?" my dad sighs. "fine finney, as long as you're helping him with something i don't care. don't come home late tomarrow or you're never sleeping over anywhere again." my dad says sternly. "y- yes of course thank you!" i hang up. "news, i can sleep over!" i smile.

"great!" robin says with a massive smile on his face. "but.. i am sick of math, can we watch a movie in my room?" he says raising an eyebrow while turning his head. "fine" i admit.

as we get back to robins room, he puts in a "texas chainsaw massacre" tape. my eyes widen upon seeing it. "not like scary movies?" he scoffs. "don't worry, it's all fake and i'm right here!" he says giving thumbs up.

the movie plays, around the half way mark i was getting pretty tired, and decided to slowly, but surely, rest my head on robins shoulder, dozing off. i wake up to robin shaking my shoulders. "how was the movie finney?? or atleast, what you saw of the movie.." he looks at me.

"scary, but decent i have to admit. can we go to bed now?" i plead. "sure, you can sleep in my bed and i'll make a bed for myself on the floor." he says leaving the room to get blankets. why did my stomach feel so weird during all of this? it's like i'm nervous but i'm not!

robin comes back into the room with a stack of blankets, creates his makeshift bed, and lays down. "goodnight finn" "goodnight robin" i say, closing my eyes. i can hear robin tossing and turning in his bed, i knew it wasn't comfortable for him. it was also freezing in his room, since the window was opened.

"come up" i say, turning my head. "what?" robin says. "robin come up here, it's not comfortable for you to be down there, plus that movie is freaking me out, and it's freezing in here!" i whisper yell, trying not to wake anyone up.

i feel the other half of the bed sink as robin lays down. "why do you even have the window open anyway? it's so cold in he-" i get cut off by robins hand around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"better now?"

————————————————————————————

AHHHHHH PART 4 DONE GUYS this was so fun to write i had to pace around my living room. "BETTER NOW?"AGGHHHHHHHH

1065 words :))