part 7- confessions 🤫

griffin pov:

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-*

why does this damn alarm have to be so annoying? i can't even change it, and a new one is way to expensive. i roll out of bed, picking a normal outfit since nobody other than finney is going to notice, or acknowledge me.

i arrive to school a bit earlier then usual, walking to the library with my headphones on because there's nothing else to do. i take out my sketchbook and begin drawing like every other day.

out of the corner of my eye, i see someone standing at the end of the table. nobody cares enough to talk to me so i knew it was finney. i look up and smile at him. "griffin helloooo im here, and i brought someone with me." finney says as billy walks out from behind him.

what. the. fuck. what is BILLY doing here? how is he with finney? "oh uh, hi billy! im g-" "griffin." billy says, cutting me off. "yeah, how did you know?" i ask. "well, i walked to school today with finney in hopes of hanging out with you both today, is that alright? finney also told me the three of us have math together." billy explains.

my eyes grew wider, as my face grew pinker. "i mean sure, why not?" i say looking at finney, who's hinting me a smile. the three of us talk and i get to know more about billy, his life, and all about the things he likes. i only had one question, why did i feel this way? screw it.

i had a crush on billy showalter.

i couldn't tell anyone though, maybe except one person, finney. if word got out, i would be the new town pariah. "griffin stagg, the towns newest fag!" i can already imagine the newspaper headlines.

"griffin you good?" billy says waving his hand at me. "oh sorry, must've zoned out" i chuckle. "well you were staring at me for a good five minutes, what's on your mind?" billy laughs as he puts his jacket in his bag. shit, was it that obvious? "nothing rea-"

*RIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG*

i get interrupted by the bell, it still screaming. "see you guys in math?" billy says. "yep! "sure thing" me and finney both say, walking different paths than billy. "holy shit finney how did you become friends with him that quick?" i ask finney, my jaw dropping.

"i mean he just, came up to me as i was walking to school, and the best part is, he was talking about you and how he's wanting to be friends with you!" finney says, as we almost arrive to his first period class. "convenient" i shrug. "bye finney! see you in math" i say.

- time skip to them walking into math class -

i get to math first and sit in a group of three at the back of the class, finney arrives a couple minutes later, than billy, around 5 minutes late. "late again, showalter. don't make it a habit" the teacher says giving him a stare. "yip yap sure thing" billy scoffs, rolling his eyes.

billy sits down and we open our textbooks to start the worksheet the teacher assigned. "i'll do number 1, finney you do number 2, and billy you do 3, then we will swap papers and copy okay?" i say, hoping to get our work done as quick as possible so we don't have homework.

"i don't see robin in here, have any of you seen him?" finney asks, looking at both of us. "nope" "nope" me and billy say at the same time. "great minds think alike!" billy says, winking at me. HE WINKED AT ME? my stomach fills with butterflies and my face turns pink, me hiding it by pretending to tie my shoe.

i sit back up to see billy raising his hand. "can i go to the washroom miss?" he asks. "10 minutes absolute max, don't be disappearing like you normally do." the teacher says, as billy leaves the room. i knew what i had to do, and that was to tell finney my true feelings about billy.

"so uh, finney!" i nervously say. finney looks up "yeah what's up" he says. "i trust you a lot but, i don't know your opinions. promise not to like.. judge and ghost me?" i ask, a nervous look smeared all over my face.

"of course griffin, nothing you say could make me just.. ghost you, i'm not like that." finney says, his attention now all on me. "well i uh, like g-girls.. which you know, b-but, i also like.. guys too?" my heart drops as i realized i've finally told someone.

"and i uhm.. like billy. im sorry if this is a lot i just wanted to tell you because i haven't had a friend in so long you don't have to stay friends with me if you don't want to" i say, starting to talk at a very fast pace.

finney pov:

griffin just told me he like girls, but also guys. i don't fully understand all of this but i can't lose griffin, and i have no reason to judge him because he's been this way the whole time, and i haven't judged him.

"oh." is all i managed to get out the first 5 seconds. "griffin we are friends, and i support you with whatever makes you comfortable and whatever you want to do." i smile at him, griffin smiling back. "thank you finney. it's weird to say because i've never told anyone but i'm glad i told you." he explains, fiddling with his pencil.

"so like, are you going to tell billy now?" i ask in genuine curiosity. "uhm no? billy only likes girls, and i know that. i'm not going to waste a new friendship over my feelings like that. i might give small hints but nothing wierd like that." griffin expresses.

i don't know much about liking different things or whatever that is, but i think griffin is pushing his own feelings down. i don't think he wants to be what he is. how strange it is to be anything at all.

—————————————————————————————

part 7 done. I FEEL SO BAD FOR GRIFFIN EVEN THOUGH IM CHOOSING THIS PATHWAY FOR HIM 😰😰 it's okay..!

1051 words :)