Chapter 22: Why!? Just Why!!?!??!!?

Anyway, I was due for a consultation with the fortune teller I had met by chance.

Fortune tellers met on the street were usually viewed with suspicion, but I could tell she was different from the usual ones.

From our first meeting, she accurately grasped my personal details and actions, even though we had never met before.

"...Mr. Woo Hyo-sung."

It was an opportunity to know her true nature, which I hadn't realized during that time.

With this feeling, we sat down seriously, and she began to write quietly on a piece of paper in front of the crystal ball.

"Before I read your future, as I have discerned, I will ask a few questions about what happened before you came here."

"Ah, yes. Please go ahead."

"Do you know the name Tacchia Pheloi?"

I knew the name.

It was a name she shouldn't have known.

"Yes, I just met her before coming here."

"The armor and weapon you are currently wearing were made by her, right?"

"Yes, that's correct. Especially the weapon on my back is..."

"...made of mithril, an Ego Weapon."

Before I could finish, she spoke, and then she revealed the content of the flipped paper to me.

It contained exactly what she had just mentioned.

"You were about to say that, weren't you?"

"...Yes, that's accurate."

Her feat was impossible unless she knew another's past accurately.

It could be viewed as a kind of performance to prove her ability as a fortune teller.

However, despite proving her ability, the look on her face as she gazed at me was not one of pleasure.

"Although it might be unpleasant to hear, you seem to be cautious, so allow me to say..."

She then looked at me with half-closed eyes and spoke in a serious tone.

"It's good to be cautious in your answers, even if the other party has mentioned the truth, as was the case just now."

"...Yes?"

"In a harsh world where you never know what might happen at any moment, if people learn that the weapon you possess is of significant value, it could attract many with ill intentions toward you."

Was her solemn advice the result of reading something in the future?

No, it was more of a caution against an action whose outcome was clearly predictable without the need for foresight.

"Ah, you don't need to worry about that. I'm also being cautious about it..."

I realized there was a problem with my previous actions, but I didn't think I had done anything particularly serious.

That was because I believed the person in front of me wouldn't do such things.

"Most of all, since I like Ms. Airi, I can say these things without hesitation."

"...What?"

"Ah, that. I don't mean 'like' in that sense, but rather, my first impression of you wasn't bad."

Her face, as well as her demeanor, was mature, and her aura was mysterious.

Such an atmosphere might seem suspicious, but she also possessed the human aspect of making mistakes in front of others... In this harsh world, wouldn't that kind of attitude make someone feel at ease?