Chapter 71: Fallen Hero Yudo-chan

Heroes were called upon as saviors to deal with calamities.

However, ironically, not all of them acted as intended, and their unique arrogance sometimes led to rampages or deviations that posed threats to humanity as a whole.

These were the fallen heroes, beings that posed a significant danger on their own and were considered necessary to be eliminated from the perspective of humanity.

"Captain! We've captured the women loitering nearby!"

"Come here, you women!"

The empire sent a knightly order led by a hero to subdue the bandit group 'Dark Gaze,' formed by such fallen heroes, but the result was a crushing defeat.

The dense forest and hills of the Great Forest provided a terrain advantage for defensive battles using traps or guerrilla warfare. Despite this, the knightly order, believing they could manage with just the abilities and fighting spirit of heroes, repeatedly made reckless advances, eventually leading to the brink of annihilation.

"Kuek! These damned traitors...!"

"Khehehe! Boss! This woman seems feisty. It'll be fun to torment her, right?"

"Now that I think about it, we've brought in some tools perfect for tormenting recently. It might be good to use them to tease these women!"

As a result, only a few survivors were dragged to the Dark Gaze's hideout. Oh Yeon-hwa, the captain who led the knightly order, started to grind her teeth, looking at the leader of the bandits.

Surrounded by her subordinates, she began to grind her teeth at the sight of the arrogant fallen hero, who was looking disdainfully at her bound appearance, sitting with his chin propped on his hand.

"Hey, Hero."

"What do we do now? There's no way out since we've been brought here..."

While the members who were dragged along with her spewed fear in the background, Oh Yeon-hwa tried to act fine and began to soothe them.

"Don't worry! If we endure, the empire will surely send a rescue team!"

Although the knightly order was annihilated by the despicable and foolish tricks of these bandits, the one who led them was none other than the hero they so highly praised.

Those who knew her worth could not just leave her alone.

'Yes, I am a hero. Everyone exalted me as a savior. They'll surely come to save me once they know I'm alive!'

The key was to survive until that moment.

But it would be difficult for those in front of her to recognize the qualities she possessed as a hero.

They were not humans yearning for salvation, but traitors who chose to abandon morals and norms to conform to this harsh world.

"Khihi! Now that it's come to this, let's try the new drug we've recently brought in on the hero!"

"Boss, you can look forward to it! Judging by her temper, I think even you will enjoy it this time!"

The bandit, swaggering in front of the seated boss, took out a drug in his hand.

Oh Yeon-hwa's face, confronted with the ominous-colored liquid in the bottle held in his hand, began to gradually turn pale.

"What... what is that...?"

"Khehehe, curious about what this is!?"

"If you're curious, I should tell you! It's a special drug that increases sensitivity by 3000 times!"