5. What Does the Future Hold?

My hands were shaking as I broke the red wax seal on the white envelope. My future would be decided by this letter. The last three years of my life have been leading me towards this moment. Backdraft stood at my side, waiting eagerly for me to open it. I was careful and precise with my movements, trying to take my time. It took every ounce of strength I had just to open it. My mind was racing.

What if I didn't get in? What would I do then?

Backdraft put his hand comfortingly on my shoulder. "It's okay. Take your time Ame. This is huge for you." He had calmed down by now, thankfully.

I nodded in response. I then grabbed the letter from inside the white envelope and pulled it out. I was about to read it when I noticed another device inside. I pulled out the little black circle and held it gently in my hand. I looked up at Backdraft in confusion, then looked back down at the device in my hand. I noticed a small button on the side. I hesitantly pushed it and a projection popped out. It scared me so bad I almost dropped the device, but I managed to catch it. Backdraft gently placed a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

On the projection it showed the number one hero: All Might. His blond hair spiked up towards each side, almost like bunny ears. His red, white, and blue skin tight suit, the way his muscles were extremely vivid; There was no mistaking it. This was one hundred percent All Might. 

Not to mention the art style change completely gave it away.

"Hello!" His voice was booming and he saluted. "Young Izumi! I am here!" He paused. "To inform you if you got in or not! I'm sure you're incredibly anxious right now! It looks like you scored amazingly high on your written portion of the test, but will that be enough?" His wide smile, which was usually friendly and comforting, was oddly terrifying in this context.

My heart sank.

I didn't make it. No way, not with how he's talking. I knew it...

Tears brimmed my eyes, but the projection of All Might continued speaking.

"Young Izumi! You scored 12 villain points during the practical. Not nearly enough to get into UA alone," my heart sank even lower as he continued. "However! You did not hesitate to save those around you." A screen behind him clipped to a video recording of me taking out the mock villains that had closed in on the pink haired girl and the purple haired boy who had dead eyes. It then cut to when I had jumped in to save Denki Kaminari and then the girl with the green vines for hair.

"You have been rewarded rescue points for your valiant efforts! We've given you 66 rescue points. The highest any student has managed! Putting you at number two on the charts!" I was in complete shock at his words, but he didn't stop speaking. "You showed excellent bravery and heroism out there! Congratulations on making it into UA High! With a grand total score of 78 points!" Behind him, the screen now changed to a board that displayed the top ten scores.

#1. Ruri Midoriya: 25 villain, 60 rescue.

#2. Amena Izumi: 12 villain, 66 rescue.

#3. Katsuki Bakugo: 77 villain, 0 rescue.

#4. Eijirou Kirishima: 39 villain, 35 rescue.

#5. Ochako Uraraka: 28 villain, 45 rescue.

#6. Ibara Shiozaki: 36 villain, 32 rescue.

#7. Itsuka Kendo: 25 villain, 40 rescue.

#8. Tenya Iida: 52 villain, 9 rescue.

#9. Izuku Midoriya: 0 villain, 60 rescue.

#10: Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu: 49 villain, 10 rescue.

My heart fluttered as I looked at the board.

Ruri Midoriya! Maybe I could finally reunite with her after all of this time!