◈28◈

"Not even if I die. I won't do it even if I die in jail," she gritted her teeth.

"That is your wish. If you do it, I will waive your sentence. If you don't, you know, if the case goes to court, you could be imprisoned for life," I raised my eyebrows.

Hearing my words, she changed her mind. She said, "Do I have to do just it?"

"Yes, you and your companions will apologize to Y/N in front of the whole office and explain how you did these things."

Yunjin's eyes were on fire but she still agreed. Now it's time to watch the fun. I hope, this time Y/N will trust me.

● ● ●

[Y/N POV]

As I was about to get into the cab, Hobi called out to me, "Y/N, be careful. Call me if you have any problems."

"Well," I smiled at his caring side. Then I looked at Junho and said, "Goodbye, baby. Be a good boy. Do not trouble, uncle."

"Mamma...." He tried to come into my lap but I didn't take him. Now if I take him in my arms, he will not want to leave.

I don't like leaving him crying every day. I don't take him to the office for fear of Jungkook. I may visit him again and again if he is there but
It is not possible at home.

I trust Hobi but Junho doesn't seem to. So, he doesn't want to stay with him, breaks down crying. If it was Jungkook, he would never cry. But it is not possible.... anymore.

I reached the office got down from the cab and paid the fare. I entered the office with a little trepidation. The day before yesterday Jungkook asked me to wait but I didn't stop. The next day was a weekend. I don't know if Jungkook will react to this today.

As I neared the elevator, Jack suddenly appeared in front of me and said, "Hi."

I frowned at him. What does he want now? I remember how he ignored me that day. And now when everything is alright, he has come to show good behavior!

"I want to talk to you. Are you free at lunchtime-"

I walked past him before he finished speaking. If someone can't be my friend in danger, I don't need them in good times.

I reached my floor and went to my table. An hour passed but I didn't hear from Jungkook. Did he come today? I can't ask anyone. Then they will doubt.

"Miss Y/N, boss summoned you," Miss Lina suddenly said out of nowhere and I flinched.

Jungkook will live for 100 years. I was thinking about him and he called. Anyway, I know he didn't call to say anything about the company. But be that as it may, I am not afraid. I will live one day like a lion instead of 100 days like a cat.

I pushed the door and entered. I saw Jungkook absentmindedly checking a file. He woke up when I knocked on the door.

He rested for a while with his hands on his head. He looked like he was thinking something deep. Also he looks sad and scared to me. Is it for Yunjin?

Shall I ask him? Yes, of course, I will. He told me a lot, now it's my turn. I asked in a sweet but slightly mocking voice, "Sir, are you okay? You seem worried?"

Hearing my sweet voice, Jungkook looked at me suspiciously. I continued to say, "Bring your girlfriend i.e. Yunjin. Maybe you're feeling restless without her around."

He laughed lightly & said, "Are you worried about me or Yunjin?"

I said in the same tone, "About both of you, sir. The breakup of such a beautiful couple like you two is unacceptable. Besides, the way you can plan together is unique."

He shrugged his shoulders and swallowed, then said, "Are you done trying to insult me? Then I have something to show you."

He is again trying to trap me in his good behavior but this time I am not going to be fooled. I said a little seriously, "I don't want to see."

"You wanted the evidence," he arched his eyebrows.

"I didn't ask for any evidence. I don't want to discuss it at all."

"But I will give you the evidence to prove myself innocent," he insisted.

I was unable to say anything else. He will do whatever he wants. He will do it even if I agree, he will do it even if I don't. So, I gave him my silent consent.

He took out his mobile and made a call and said, "Send them."

I was a little confused after listening it. Who is he asking to send?

Suddenly there was commotion and chatter among the employees. As if there was a sudden explosion in the office. What happened outside? I am so confused.

Suddenly Jungkook came towards me and said, "Let's go."

He took me out of the cabin. I saw all the employees crowded in front. What I saw when they moved away surprised me.

It was Yunjin along with Karina and Ningning.....handcuffed.

--------------End of EP 28-------------

17/04/2024Wednesday 05:30 PM

17/04/2024
Wednesday
05:30 PM