◈29◈

I was surprised as well as scared. What did Yunjin come here to do? And Karina and Ningning? They had a regretful look on his face.

They came forward in front of me. The police were also behind them. They knelt in front of me and Yunjin said lowering her head, "Forgive us, Y/N. I planned all this to frame Jungkook. I beat you that day with my own plan and that voice recording was an AI voice. Jungkook is not at fault here."

She said fluently but I didn't say a word. I looked at Karina and Ningning. Now I remember they were hiding behind the eye mask that night. I took a deep breath and said, "How long have you been with Yunjin?"

Karina said in a low voice, "Please forgive us. Yunjin lured us for money, asking us to socialize with you and gather news. She was jealous when sir accepted your idea. But we didn't know she would ask us to beat you up. She forced us to do it and threatened to expose us if we didn't-"

"That's why you would torture a girl you don't know well? For money?" My voice became heavy with pain.

"We were forced, Y/N. Forgive us. We'll never do this again," Ningning sobbed.

I couldn't say anything else. Is it really my destiny? Being repeatedly cheated?

My nose and eyes turned red. I wanted to keep my pain inside which now wants to come out in tears. I put my hand over my face and ran away, pushing everyone away.

"Y/N, wait..." I heard Jungkook calling me from behind but didn't pay hid to it.

I had no sense at all. I ran down the stairs instead of elevator. When I reached down, I noticed Jungkook also running behind me. I stopped & turned to him.

"Jungkook, leave me alone. Please..." I pleaded.

He stopped. I started to walk out but he didn't follow me anymore. I want to be alone. That is all I know right now.

When I was pretty away from the office, I called taxi. I got into it & the driver asked me, "Where would to like to go, madam?"

"Home," I whispered in an absent mind.

"Sorry, madam. You need to tell me the address."

I was so exhausted that I couldn't even remember the address. I searched for my bag but I left it in the office. Shit!

"Is it okay if I give you directions?" I asked in a weak voice.

The driver looked at me suspiciously but then said, "Yes."

When I reached home, I remembered I have to pay but I got no money with me. I have to tell Hobi. I told the taxi driver, "Um...can I have your phone for a minute please. Actually, I don't have my purse with me. I have to call my friend to pay."

The driver hesitated but then gave me his phone. I called Hobi & told him to come down with money.

Hobi came & paid him fare. He looked at me & asked, "Are you okay? You look pale."

"I don't know. Where is Junho?"

"He is sleeping."

I started to walk & stumbled suddenly but Hobi was fast enough to catch me. He helped me to get to the apartment.

When I reached to the apartment, I quietly sat on the couch. Hobi brought a glass of water & held it out to me saying, "Drink it. You will feel better."

I took it & put it on the table. He took it back & said, "Drink it, Y/N."

Hearing his scolding voice, I took the glass of water & drank it. He then sat next to me & said, "What happened to you? Did Jungkook do something to you?"

I just couldn't hold back anymore, so I cried out, "Why? Why everyone betrays me? What have I done?"

Hobi hugged me & said, "Sush....It's alright."

"Karina & Ningning, I made them my friends & they betrayed me. They were with that Yunjin," I sobbed.

"It's okay, Y/N. Calm down."

"How can that be okay? Everyone betrays me & I feel like a fool myself," I lightly screamed out of tension.

"You still have me. I promise I will never betray you. I will always be by your side."

[Author's POV]

They were busy with their own conversation. But little do they know there is someone standing outside the apartment building just to watch over Y/N.

He wanted to make sure that Y/N arrived properly. He would have seen her all the way inside if she hadn't forbad him.

But she got home safely, that's all that matters to him now. He wished if he could have been by her side now, holding her and soothing her, kissing her to sleep.

"I hope when you wake up tomorrow morning, you won't misunderstand me again. Everything will be alright between us again. I will have you and Junho together again."

And it was none other than..... Jungkook.

----------------End of EP 29--------------

17/04/2024
Wednesday
10:02 PM