◈30◈

[Y/N POV]

Even after all this, I did not miss going to the office. Not going to office now means that these incidents affected me but I did nothing wrong. So I won't hide my face.

Hobi forbade me to go to office today. He's worried Jungkook will do something else now that he has proven it. I understand that too. But even if he proves it, I won't believe him anymore. Because he never believed me. He did Junho's DNA test to be sure. Ah....I'm still a characterless woman to him, alright....

After much insistence, Hobi let me go to the office. But he didn't leave me alone worrying about my health. So, he said he would drop me at office today and take me back home after the office hours.

On reaching office, I got down from the car, followed by Hobi. We are a little early today because Hobi will drop me off and go to the passport office later. He has some work to do there. He said he will take Junho with him. Junho is now sleeping in the car.

"Well, you go. It might get crowded if it's late," I said biding goodbye.

"Okay, be careful," he smiled and then got into the car.

I stood there until his car drove away. Then as I turned to go inside the building, I shuddered.

Jungkook was staring at me with stony eyes in front of the gate. I stood for a moment, then decided to walk past him. As I started to walk he moved his gaze along with my pace.

I walked past him with some trepidation. If he does anything now, what little respect I have left in the office will be gone. But by the grace of Almighty, he did nothing. After passing him i.e the danger zone, I somehow ran towards the elevator.

There are many people in front of the elevator. I am safe here. But suddenly I remembered what happened last time. God.... please save me.

I suddenly noticed all the employees looking behind me with a look of fear in their eyes. Then they slowly passed me.

A lamp of fear lit up in my heart. I looked behind me with a little hesitation and looked forward again after a glance. What I thought happened...

I saw the next elevator opened and the employees started to enter. My face lit up with happiness. I ran towards the elevator but it was already full.

"I would appreciate it if you could give me some space," I pleaded but they said with the same fearful look, "Please go to the next elevator. It is dangerous to take people over capacity."

I screamed in my mind. Why? Why...?

The next elevator opened but Jungkook didn't get in. "You may go first, Miss Y/N," he said.

I was a little suspicious but soon I was glad that he wouldn't go in with me. I should have thanked him but I went inside without saying anything. I don't want to talk to him because talking leads to problems.

But my eyes rolled up to my forehead as he followed me into the elevator and pressed the button.

"You just asked me to go inside," I said being marveled.

"Isn't that what a gentleman should do, letting a lady go first? I didn't say I wouldn't go," he smirked.

I clearly understood that it was his trick. But his ability of wordplay must be appreciated.

Even though we were in the elevator together, I stood in the corner away from him. He probably noticed this and said, "I didn't harm you, Y/N. Then why are you afraid of me?"

"I am not," these world slipped from my tongue. Goddamn, I didn't wanted answer him & keep quite but his words are unbearable.

"Then why are you standing so far away?" He said staring at me.

"Because I don't need to be close to you," I said looking down as my heart was already beating too fast. If I look into his eyes, it will become uncontrollable.

"But I want to be near you. Closer to you," he said, taking steps toward me.

Hearing his words, my breathing increased, along with my heart rate. I looked up into his eyes that held pure emotion. Looking into his genuine eyes, my gaze softened.

Unknowingly my hand went over his cheek. I caressed his cheek gently and he closed his eyes in comfort which brought a smile to my lips.

He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer leaving no gap between us. He slowly brought his lips to mine and I closed my eyes.

I know what will happen now. His lips will touch mine and I will sink into his deep ocean. I will fall into his trap again and burn. He will make my heart beat again and break it again. But at this moment, it was not important to me and I lost all my senses.

But before our lips touched each other, the elevator suddenly jolted and stopped.

--------------End of EP 30--------------

18/04/2024
Thursday
04:45 PM