Chapter 2: S-System and The King's Introduction

I don't like the entrance ceremony at all. I am sure all the first years feel the same way.
The principal and the students are all thanking each other annoyingly, there's way too much standing, and it's a pain in the butt because there are way too many troublesome things.
But, that's not all I want to say.
It seems that the entrance ceremony for the elementary, middle and high school students mark the start of one major trial for students. For the first few days after the entrance ceremony, students must make friends in order to enjoy the rest of their school life.
If someone fails at this task, then it is said that a miserable three years await them. How pitiful.
As I want to avoid trouble for the most part. It'd be pretty good to make a few friends. Or should I say tools.
But either way, I should establish decent human relationships for now.
Now, how should I enter the classroom infront of me.
First scenario was bursting in the classroom and then talking excitedly.
Second scenario was secretly passing a note with my email address on it and then becoming friends afterwards.
But, these two are just too boring for me.
Then, how should I plan my entrance?
In my case, it was different as this is a completely different environment then I had been used to for my whole life.
This classroom would become my playground later on anyways, as I plan to rule it. Then it wouldn't matter how would I make my entrance. But I want first impressions too. I have to make a choice.
Looking inside, it seems that there are a few people here already. Then, it wouldn't matter. I would enter normally.
Keeping my hands in my pockets, I began to go into the classroom and go towards my seat that had my nameplate on it and it was at the very end and the corner of the class.
Perfect, I can use this place to observe others while not being caught. Plus there's a window beside too.
It seems that the classroom was only about half full.
My supposed classmates here were just looking at their study materials or were talking to their friends. How boring.
Now, what should I do? Should I actually attempt to make friends? Or should I wait for some time?
Sitting a few seats infront of me, a chubby boy seemed all lonely by himself.
He gave off an aura that screamed, "Someone talk to me and be my friend"
I think, I should talk to him. I should make friends with him. I guess
As I was about to stand up, Horikita suddenly came inside the classroom and sat in the seat that was just beside me.
Coincidences can be really freaky.
To think that she was my classmate, and I knew her before. After all there are only four first-year classes. It's not like it's probabilistically impossible that we were put in the same class.
I might as well as sit down right now. As I sat in my seat after seeing her. I might as well as talk with her.
"Horikita, coincidences can be freaky huh." I said. As this was an attempt to strike up a conversation with her.
"... So we were in the same class, huh." she said. Though she became a bit elated about the fact. She was smiling to herself while blushing slightly.
After glancing at me, she put her bag on her desk and sat on her seat.
"Ayanokoji-kun. It seems that coincidences can be indeed freaky." she said and she smiled at me again a bit happily. It seems that she has recovered from the earlier incident.
Though, she showed no interest in the rest of the classroom and only on me.
I had wanted to ask her why was she blushing so much and walked away quickly from me as If she got embarrassed.
"Horikita. I have a question. Why did you suddenly walk away from me that quickly, while blushing so much?" I asked.
Her whole face suddenly turned red and she was blushing slightly. A bit embarrassed that she did that, I guess.
"Uh, it's because...." she was very much embarrassed about the fact that she couldn't even say anything properly.
"It's because... I thought that the entrance ceremony was going to start, so I hurried quickly."
She can't lie properly at all. I can see as she glanced up and then to the right, signalling signs of a lie.
Whereas, If a person glances up and then to the left that means they are telling the truth. While Horikita here seems to be lying to me.
It seems that she is highly embarrassed about that fact and is blushing very much too.
"I know that you ran of because you were blushing too much and were a bit embarrassed to face me, Correct?" I asked as I trapped all her escape routes.
"..." all she could make were sounds of embarrassment as I revealed the answer myself. Though I removed the fact that she might have fallen in love with me.
She sighed, feeling embarrassed at the feeling of almost being completely caughtand then, turned to face me with a slight blush and said, "Yes, that is it. Ayanokoji-kun." she answered.
I was slightly happy that I got her embarrassed and made her to submit. As I was celebrating my triumph over her. She glared at me a bit with a fierce yet playful look on her face and had a smile on her face.
"I got you, Horikita." I said as I smiled a bit, enjoying our playful banter.
"Hmph. That doesn't mean that you will always win." she replied with a 'hmph' sound that means that she is annoyed but playfully as well. She blushed again seeing my smile.
"Oh, me? Horikita. I'd always-." As I was about to say something. I was interrupted.
"The equipment in this classroom seems to be in order! The classroom looks just like how the rumours say!"
It was the blonde boy who argued with the girl on the bus.
"... I see. Certainly is bad luck." It seems like not only us, but that guy is on Class-D.
Without noticing everyone at all, he sat down at the seat marked "Koenji". I wonder if he knows what the term "friendship" means. Let's try observing him a bit.
Koenji then propped his legs onto the desk, took out a pair of nail clippers, and started doing maintenance on his fingernails. He acted as if he was the only one there and ignored all of his surroundings.