◈32◈

"Get on my shoulders & try to hold the door."

He said this and sat on his knees. But I stood stunned. I hesitated, "I-I can't. I'm afraid."

He let out a sigh & said, "Listen, Y/N. There is only two ways. Either you get on my shoulders to hold the door or I have to get on your shoulders to hold the door. If we don't do either, we are going to be here forever. Now it's up to you."

I didn't want to but being helpless, I climbed onto his shoulder. I still couldn't reach and said, "I can't reach."

Then he stood up with me on his shoulders and I gripped his hair tightly in fear. He winced in pain & said, "Let go of my hair, Y/N. It's hurting."

"Sorry..." I let go of his hair.

"Now see if you can catch it," he said, looking up.

I tried and caught it. I moved the handle but it was too tight. "It's so tight..." I mumbled.

"I'm holding you tight. You try with both hands," he said, gripping my legs tighter.

I moved my other hand from his head and put it on the handle with a bit of fear. Then I firmly moved the handle with both hands and it opened. When I pushed, the top lid opened completely and I saw that we were far below the ground floor. The light is visible far above, about 25 feet.

When Jungkook tried to get me off his shoulders, we both fell to the ground because of the wrong position. He fell on his back and I on him. I lay down for a while with my head on his chest.

When I raised my head, my eyes met Jungkook's. He smiled, then gently carassed my cheek & said, "we have to get up."

I regained my senses & got up. He also got up beside me. Then Jungkook looked up & said, "Are you still there?"

"Yes, sir," replied the mechanic.

"We opened the door. Now what?" he said with a shout.

"We are dropping a rope. Grab it and come up," a few seconds later, a thick rope came down.

Jungkook grabbed it and said, "You go first."

I was scared to hear him. What will happen if I go first? I can't leave him. I am afraid of losing him.

"But you? You must go first," I said in a anxious tone.

"Don't worry about me. Go," he said, holding out the rope.

"But...."

Jungkook came forward and caressed my cheek & then pecked my lips. Then he said, "I'll be fine. Go."

I somehow was forced to obey his words and started climbing up by the rope. When I reached near the ground floor, the people there helped me up.

I didn't go away and instead waited impatiently for Jungkook. I can't explain how much fear was running through my mind. I started praying to God that Jungkook would be alright.

When he came upstairs, I breathed a sigh of relief. I wanted to hug him tightly but I held back. It will start whispering among so many people. Although it has already happened.

"They were together?"

"God knows what happened between them."

"Anyway, the couple is interesting."

I was very ashamed of their whispers. Jungkook probably noticed it. So he said, "Quite, everyone. Do you have nothing to do?"

His screams started panic in everyone's mind and they started leaving. I smiled a little at that.

Looking into Jungkook's eyes, I can tell he wants me close now. He wants to fulfill the elevator incident, to satisfy that lust. But for people, he avoided me and went to the office room and so did I.

● ● ●

After office hours, I left earlier. I wanted to wait for Jungkook but he was talking to someone important, so I left. Besides, Hobi will come to pick me up.

I went to the gate and saw Hobi standing with Junho. Junho smiled as I approached them, "Mamma...."

I knelt before him and kissed his forehead and patted his head. Then I stood up and said to Hobi, "You didn't bring a cab?"

"I came in the cab but the driver had to go to his house quickly. So he left. Now we have to wait for the next cab," he said and I nodded.

At that time, Jungkook arrived. Before I could react, Junho ran to him and climbed into his arms.

Jungkook also picked him up and kissed his cheek and said in a loving tone, "Hi, baby. Did you miss papa?"

"Pappa," he giggled.

I just stared at their beautiful moment. If I could save it forever! But the more this beautiful moment comes, it vanishes quicker.

After a while, Jungkook looked at me and smiled & said, "Come on, let's go home together."

Hobi is here, he said, ignoring it. But I couldn't ignore it. I asked Hobi to come and now how can I ignore him and go with Jungkook?

He was always by my side even from a distance. And it would be disrespectful to leave him alone today.

Meanwhile, Jungkook, looking into his genuine eyes, didn't want my heart to let him down. His smile was announcing to me the safety of walking by his side. What do I do now?

I hesitated and said, "I'll go with Hobi."

Jungkook's smile dropped as I said this. The stony gaze returned to his eyes. His face became hard and cold. He kept staring at me coldly.

I can tell by the look on his face that he is hurt. He offered me this with high hopes but I let him down. But....I'm helpless.

I went to take Junho from his arms & he didn't stop me. On the other hand, Junho clung to him and didn't want to let go.

"Baby, let go," I said pulling Junho but he started crying. Jungkook didn't look at him but instead stared at me. I started to feel very small and bad under his gaze.

Finally, I managed to take Junho but he started crying louder. I walked helplessly towards the cab. Before getting into the cab, I glanced back at Jungkook. He is looking at me with the same look but this time there is something else in his eyes, that is hatred which creates fear in my heart.

I quietly got into the cab and the cab started moving. Then as far as my eyes were on Jungkook, he was standing.

It broke my heart to see him. I want to trust you, love you, be with you.....but should I depend on you?

--------------End of EP 32-------------

20/04/2024
Saturday
11:15 AM