fourteen: privacy

VIOLET POV

Me and Jack are sitting in this local restaurant. It is very much crowded - which is a nice thing. It keeps us away from creating a scene. I try not to mention how things were when we last met and he tries not to mention Sam.

We both talk about the weather and he tells me about his passions. It seems weird sitting with my ex boyfriends brother in here.

Jack tells me about his house and his new water purification system. I try to seem excited.

I dont know why he came to ask me for lunch but after a solid 30mins I flip the energy and ask myself

"Jack... why are we here?"

He shifts his eyes towards the table. We had ordered burgers.

He looks at me and says "Im sorry about how things were when we last met. I could not say much. I want you to forgive Sam. This was all because of me"

"why is this because of you?" I ask. Puzzled, he stares into my eyes

"Violet... I...FUCK. I cant tell you. Sam threatened me. I can't tell you. I'm sorry."

I scoff. So he called me here for forgiving an empty apology?

Hell No.

I stand up and as I am about to leave Jack opens his mouth

"Sam....Sam does not love you or want you anymore. Im sorry. I came to tell you just this."

Pain builds its headquarters inside me. Sam doesn't love me?

Sam does not want me?

I close my eyes and try to feel something.

Anything.

Nothing.

I realise the pain isn't there for Sam's change in heart - may be I am over him. The pain is there for my mistakes with Blue. I rejected Blue because I thought Sam loved me. I thought I had some obligation towards him

No.

I am such a big idiot.

Jack holds my hand and whispers "Sam left. It's over now. I'm sorry"

I smile. Jack looks confused.

"Are you okay Violet?"

"Yes. I have to go. I have a group meeting soon."

"Okay."

I leave.

The Quinns are past me. I am walking towards my building and leaving my past behind me. Leaving the Quinns behind me.

They are away from me. My past had been burning into my future and today it finally turned into ash.

Now all that remains are scars- and scars never meant ugly.

-.-

I walk inside my office room.

I am happy.

I really am. But I am scared. What if Blue backed out?

The anxiety is real. I decide to have some coffee and start preparing for our meeting once I reach my office.

-.-

My meeting went well. There wasn't really much. I really hoped to work on a good project I was listed for, but considering my terms with Blue I could not oblige. It's 5:30 now and if it were any regular day I'd be with Blue. But, neither did Blue try to come meet me nor did I try to go meet him.

Is Blue hurt?

Of course he is. He confessed that he loved me and I...I said him that he could never love me the way Sam does.

Sam did

I need to forget Sam if I want this to work with Blue.

My mind goes places my past took turns this past month and before I can sink deep inside my thoughts Rebecca barges in.

"Violet! Oh! Did you see the news? God!" Rebecca seems tense. She shakes her head slowly as if Grief was mounting through.

What? What news?

Panic induces inside me. I open my laptop and quickly go to the internet.

Sure enough - nothing is right.

DARTHMONTH BOOK PROMOTION RECEIVES BRUTAL HATE

#BanGregBecker

What shocks me is that this is the number 1 trending thread on twitter.

Right it makes sense. Blue had mentioned that the first round of promotions would begin soon.

But why Is there so much hate? Sure his life was brutal, but the man did some wonders. His life is nothing but praiseworthy. I take a deep dive inside the internet.

Apparently some critic published an article stating that the supposed book me and Blue are working on is just a scam to fool people. That this book is the only thing that can save Darthmonth publishing from its already Brocken reputation. And that Darthmonth was a big scam pulling out money from the media.

What?

What is this man even saying? Did he even care to know Greg?

Blue has told me such fascinating things about Mr. Greg. Did he lie?

Was this book supposed to be a cover up for their brand's name?

I dont know. But I do know that if this news has any weight to it, that could mean the end of my deal. The production of our book would stop... which means... me and Blue would have no other reason to be together - and that hurts way more.

My mind throbs and I immediately leave the room and march towards Blue's office.

-.-

I enter Blue's cabin , ignoring Suzy's demands to keep seated.

I enter the cabin where Blue is sitting with 7 more people - the board members.

Blue looks shocked upon seeing me- whats so shocking?

"You have seen the news I guess?" He asks. His eyes only staring at my neck.

"Umh yes. I wanted to know what stood of our agreement."

"I am discussing that with my people now. I will talk to you later"

I freeze. WHAT. He actually is considering to stop this production?

But the book could save their reputation - that is, if it were honest about Greg's life.

"Meet me at 8, here." He says before he opens the door and lets me out.

I leave.

I walk back to my car all the way around the street. I start driving away to my apartment.

Could Blue stoop so low to hamper my reputation as a writer by making me write a false life?

Did Darthmont mean so much to him. Considering his fight with his father non of this even makes sense!

Why would he ever want to resolve a man who meant very little to him.

Gregory Becker.

Who is the real Gregory Becker?

Who is the real Blue Becker?

Are all the Becker's fake?

My heart races.

I stop the car and open my phone and call my Aunt Arma.

My dear dear Aunt Arma.

I continue talking to her until its 7:30PM and I need to head out to meet Blue.