23: inauguration

VIOLET POV

Im all dolled up in a beautiful red dress I packed from New York.

Rebecca lended me her old dress, and I have to be honest - it fits me perfectly.

The red is faded and falls right up to my knees. The neck cut is boat shaped and it has little sapphires sparkling across its frill.

My hair is up in a bun- accentuating my beautiful long neck I once considered an insecurity.

Im also wearing silver flats that feel comfortable and look amazing- maybe not as tempting as stilettos but still, they look amazing.

Blue gasps when he sees me. A very fake gasp.

"You look really good" he concludes after eyeing me up form head to toe. "But I liked red as a top on you, than as a dress." he blushes.

I blush even harder

"You want me to wear that again?" I ask

"Just for me" he says.

I scoff and run across the room to the door "We are getting late" I yell and Blue rolls his eyes and paces himself towards me.

-.-

We both make it to the drinks corner at the very end of the event. Drew seems lost. It has been 15 minutes since we barged inside the tight hall way and we still haven't spotted Drew.

I texted Aunt Arma and she said she would crash the party after about an hour , that is, after all the boring speeches.

Classic Arma.

After a good while the lighting changes to a yellow mood and a large white spot lights on Drew- who works his way to the large stage at the front.

Big screens on either side of the hall close up to Drew's perfectly symmetrical face.

"This hotel means everything to me, and the people inside even more. Me and David had always wanted to own a hotel in Hawaii. David, loves Hawaii. God! We are finally here David!"

Drew exclaims on his mic fixated to his perfect face. Suddenly the spotlight shifts to David Evans who is standing at the very front. The cameras close up to him nodding and almost letting out a bundle of tears. He seems like a tough man.

"David. You and I, for years have feared what would become of us. But look at us! We own one of the best hotels here! Look at us! I think its time" Drew says nervously.

A loud wave of gasps fills the room as Drew walks down the stage onto the ground and kneels down in front of an almost weeping David.

"To Drew and David!" says some drunk women on the back.

David starts chuckling and he bows down himself.

They both look into each other as Blue brings 2 rings to them.

"This was never meant to be an inauguration party. This is our engagement party!" Drew says with the biggest dose of broken happiness.

Everyone cheers as David says yes and they both kiss.

Aw.

My heart melts at the sight. Blue walks to the back of me and looks at me and smiles like an idiot.

I smile back like an even bigger idiot.

The next hour goes by with everybody congratulating the couple. Me and Blue even go out and extend our happiness.

After we return Blue brings 2 glasses of champagne.

"Be more careful this time" Blue whispers and winks his eyes at me.