30: home

Blue POV

I feel like I own every beautiful possession in this entire world- and although it may not be in any literal and materialistic form - I own the very pride it gives.

My Violet looks radiating and all she is doing now is having coffee with me in her old house.

We are shifting- together.

I always knew I'd meet someone. I have read hundred of books that tell me that every man is destined to find someone, someone who will set their hearts on fire. Someone who will make wandering off into fire worth it - just to save them. Someone who would eat poisoned apple for you. Violet is that someone for me.

I love how calm she is. I love how resorted and mature she is. Despite being an intern she somehow made it with me in this beautiful house we will make home for I dont know how long.

I love her. She is all I have and I am all she has, apart from Aunt Arma of course.

A few days back I turned 25 and Violet gifted me the papers to our new rented apartment.

And even though it is not as luxurious or spacious as my current mansion I can not wait to spend every breathing moment inside this house, building memories with the women I love.

I love her blue eyes that tell me that I am in her. That I am a part of who she is. I love her voice, the way my name rolls of her sweet mouth, I love her mind which always has something very extraordinary to say.

I love her fierce form which went through so much shit and yet does not refuse to walk ahead- blazing with confidence.

She would someday make a very good wife.

Huh.

"Blue!!!" Violet exclaims from across the couch. I come out of my trance and look at her - all smiling because I am happy.

"We do not have a bookshelf over there...so I was wondering if we could order one online" she asks. Her eyes are focused on the big carton of cutlery she is somehow trying to fit a dozen plates inside it.

I first hurry off and help her place her plates. Sheesh. "I have a few bookshelves at my place we could get those" I suggest. Violet nods her head and says yes yes.

She runs around the room looking for things left to pack. I grab her waist and push her down towards me instead. She grunts "Let me go I have to pack!" she screams. I start kissing all over her face and her shoulders until she finally quits trying to free herself.

"Blue!!!" She screams again.

"Violet." I say with serious affection. Violets eyes turn curious as I raise one eyebrow and look into her "I thought its feel different playing Wembley 80 thousand singing with me " I start singing First times by Ed Sheeran.

A grin forms on Violet as she shuffles in my clutches "its what I have been chasing this is the dream" she sings along.

We spend the afternoon singing songs and kissing and somewhat packing up.

The one thing that really drew me the first time I met Violet was her voice. Fuck. She had an angel's voice- the way she sang love of my life.

-.-

After we finish packing we return to our new house with all of Violet's things. I got mine shifted yesterday.

We got Chinese take out food from a restaurant close by. We both sit cross legged on the floor , Violet hisses at the cold touch of the marble.

"Violet do you want me to get you a cushion?" I ask. Even though we dont have couches or chairs at the moment, we do have some bedsheets and pillows.

Violet shakes head abruptly and decides on changing the subject. I dont get it Violet will never let me take care of her- its almost frustrating!

"So Blue how is Darthmont?" she asks instead.

"Its doing well, we have a new book series we are excited about a new drama series by Mr. Chui Kon ....we are getting thriller edits and a new young-adult line. I am quite excited to see what we produce" Violet nods her head in approval as she eats her noodles.

She moans "Ah this is so good! We have such an amazing Chinese place close by" she mutters. She looks at me through her eyelashes- "what?"

I shake my head.

"We should search around the place" I suggest to her. "Oh yes yes!" Violet exclaims.

Knock Knock

The sound of our door thumping startles Violet and me. "Wait here Im going" I say and I get up and walk towards the door.

I open it up casually- probably its some neighbor or security guar-

"Hi son."

"Greg."

-.-

"Greg what are you doing here?" I ask sternly.

"Thats no way of greeting your father." He says as he makes his way inside the apartment.

"You must be Ms. Brew" he asks in a tone of annoyance to

Violet.

"Daisy has told me a lot about you" he continues. Violet looks amazed.

Daisy- her Aunt Arma's friend is getting married to my fucking father. How romantic.

"Daisy? Your next wife?" I ask. Greg grunts

"Son we need to talk" he states with authority. Calmly I nod my head- trying to understand his hidden motives, afraid that there might not be one.

My father and I never truly had something very normal and healthy. He did everything he could to start Darthmont- although its reputation was quite terrible just a few months ago , right now we are climbing back up.

Perhaps thats why he is here. Or maybe not.

Maybe he is here to talk about Daisy - god no I hope she is not pregnant. I cant let my father traumatize another kid.

Ah Im fuming against Suzy right now! How dare she give away my new address. I need to have a word with my assistant apparently.

My fucking father leads me into our fire exit balcony. It is quite chilly out here, the view is very depressing. The sight of the back of a rental building parallel to our corner makes me cringe inwardly. From the corner of my periphery the monotonous set of buildings and industrial light makes me realize how much more of a New Yorker I feel here.

"Son" Greg calls for me, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yes father." I growl back. 

Choices We Cant Makeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें