Ch 2: Adoption

July 15, 20-
It's late in the afternoon and I'm reading a book to the kids at the orphanage. "And Cinderella lived happily ever after ...The End" I softly closed the book and looked at the sleepy children sprawled out on the floor, seeing them drift to sleep made me giggle. Suddenly I hear a call from the entrance of the orphanage "Haru! Can you come help me with the donations and bring them to the back please!" "Coming!" When I walk to the door a women is standing there linking arms with a man they make quite a couple...not to mention they look filthy rich. "Haru can you take these boxes and bags to the back room" I nod in reply and take the boxes from the owner of the orphanages hands I start to walk away but stop in my tracks turn around and bow (more like curtsy do to the boxes) to the couple. They both nod there heads once in reply then I turn around and walk to the back room.
While walking back empty handed I overheard the conversation the owner and the couple were having "My what a charming young lady, is she your daughter" the tall women asked "Oh no she's one of the orphans that live here" "Really!?! Why you know we have a daughter and she needs some company don't you think darling?" She said nudging her husband "O-Of coarse...I mean with that many boys around I bet she needs time with another female...but?" He was instantly cut off "Wonderful!!! Than you wouldn't mind us taking her off your hands now would you?" "O-Of coarse not Mrs.Asahina ...I bet she would be delighted!" The owner said clapping her hands together "How wonderful!! When do we sign the papers?" I stood there completely dumbfounded at what was going on in two minutes a women I had never met was offering to take me for adoption and is now signing papers ...???????? "There! All done" I snapped out of my daze when I heard the women's booming voice as she gave the signed papers to the orphanage owner "Thank You, Mrs. Asahina" "No Thank You!! I can't wait to pick her up tomorrow!! Bye!!" She linked arms with the man and technically dragged him out the orphanage building. Tomorrow...I'm being taken away...