Bis zum Ende aller Tage (Until the end of days)

Black flames licked at my soul, dangerously close to taking the last piece of my sanity and turn it to ashes. For months I have waited for this moment to come and now that it was finally there, my senses were heightened to infinity, but I couldn't stop right away.

My hand curled around her throat, a dangerous glimmer spreading in my eyes so powerful, her own reflected it right back at me. "Don't let me catch you again, mein Schatz." She didn't even wait for me to release my clutch around her flesh when she jolted forward. Although she caught me off guard, my hands gripped her shirt and tore it off of her body, causing her to gasp before she hurried on.

One.

She slammed the door to cut my vision from her, but I knew exactly where she was going. Her only chance was to get as far as possible within those few seconds I gave her to run, then hide. And god, did it make me hard, thinking about how she was running, fear and excitement coursing through her veins, fighting for dominance. I didn't bother the cabin looking like a mess. In fact, I loved that she didn't run right from the start and tried to fight me, threw anything at me within reach.

Ich werde nie genug von ihr bekommen.

(I will never get tired of her.)

Her footsteps sounded nothing less than a deer strolling through the bushes, softly cracking twigs beneath their hooves. But it was more than enough for me to follow her, with her scent still lingering in the air around me, like a trail daring me to follow. She had learned so much over the past years, yet she underestimated how determined I was to stick to my words. I'd find her, no matter how far she'd run.

Drawing closer and closer towards her, my own heart began to pound in my chest, a telltale sign of the sickening amount of excitement she enlightened inside of me – the power she had over me. With each step, a profound awareness dawned upon me. While I may have initially written the rules and started this game, it became increasingly evident that she held the reins. With a deft hand, she bent those rules to her advantage and casted me under her spell with infinite power.

Und ich würde alles tun, damit das so bleibt.

(And I'd do anything to keep it that way.)

Paralyzed by the sudden amount of overwhelming feelings inside of me, I didn't realize how close I got to my prey and missed the gasp that left her chest. But I got yanked back into reality by the sharp glimmer of metal, slicing through the air just inches in front of my face. The blade, mocking me with the reflection of surprise in my own eyes, tore through the rough bark of the tree standing beside me.

Amazing, how something – someone – so beautiful and delicate, can make you forget everything you've learned. I was too blinded by her to realize how she grabbed the knife before she hurried out of the cabin, nor how she stopped in the middle of the forest. Maybe I was away for too long. But back then, we had all the time in the world to make up for the months of my absence.

I curled my fingers around the handle of the knife, pulling it out of the tree with little to no effort before I turned towards her. Her gorgeous skin glimmered in the soft spring sun fighting its way through the treetops. Her fists, balled into tight fists mirrored the rage her eyes expressed, and her chest heaved from exhaustion with each breath.

She was almost ready.

The predator inside of me awoke, urging to be set free and finally claim his prize. Instinctively, the grip on the handle tightened, turning my knuckles white. My calm mind chose to get rid of the last piece of my sanity and my body moved on its own, lowering and tilting my head to the side as my eyes narrowed, conveying an untold and dangerous promise. But my goddess was the first to move, turned around and began to run away again.