Sirius-ly Sorry

Dinner was quick as I really wasn't in the mood to eat anymore. The girls were trying to include me in their conversation, and I tried to respond, but my mind was elsewhere.

Regulus sat at his table, his food untouched as his friends laughed about something. Every now and then, his eyes would look in his brother's direction. Something about the way he looked at Sirius made my heart clench. His eyes held so much sorrow, more than I thought possible.

Regulus stands up abruptly, and his friends say something to him, but he ignores them. I watch him walk further away. When he gets to the door, I stand up.

I follow him, even though my brain is screaming at me to go back to Lily. As I pass by the Marauders, I glare at Sirius.

"You're making a mistake," he says sourly.

I ignore him and finally make it to the hallway. My eyes adjust to the darkness, and I see Regulus's silhouette at the end of the hall.

My pace quickens as I try to catch up to him. He turns down a different hall, and I begin running.

I turn the corner, but Peeves jumps out of the wall, scaring me enough to make me trip and fall.

The poltergeist laughs loudly, "I knew I'd get you eventually!"

I look at my hands, grimacing at the cuts on my palms. If only I could curse that damn ghost.

"You might want to get that looked at," Peeves says, laughing louder.

"Why are you following me?"

I look up to see Regulus staring down at me, a scowl on his face. Peeves whistles lowly, "Lovers quarrel, I'll leave you to it. Make sure to give her a stern talking to."

"Why are you still speaking?" Regulus snaps, glaring at Peeves.

The poltergeist sticks his tongue and disappears. The sound of his laughter echoes through the empty corridors. I stand up, making sure I don't touch my palms.

"I wanted to apologize."

He raises an eyebrow, "For what?"

"For what the Marauders did to you. Peter snitched and told me you and Sirius fought."

He scoffs, "It was hardly a fight. He only got a few hits in."

"It doesn't matter. He did it because of me, and I'm sorry."

Regulus is quiet, his green eyes staring back at me. I hold my breath, waiting for the argument to start. This is the longest we've talked to each other without yelling.

"Give me your hands."

"Excuse me?"

He grabs my wrists, pulling my arms out in front of me. He flips my hands over, my bloody palms facing the ceiling now. I look back at him, but he's still staring at my hands. His wand hovers over my palms as he whispers a spell. Soon, the blood on my hands disappears, and the cuts are healed.

I shake my head, "You didn't have to do that."

"Apology accepted."

His eyes meet mine again. My head tilts in confusion, but I don't question it. His hand is still wrapped around my wrist, so I pull away.

I clear my throat. "Right. Well, thank you."

"You should get back to your Marauders."

I ignore his rude tone, "I think I'd prefer to keep my distance from them for now."

"And it'd be best for you to stay away from me."

He glares at me, the somewhat kind look in his eyes completely gone. I frown, confused about his sudden mood swing.

"We're not friends,  so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me alone."

His eyes look behind me before meeting mine again. Regulus walks away, and I'm left in confusion. He was just nice to me seconds before. What had I done?

"Told you it was a mistake."

I turn around to glare at Sirius, who was leaning against the wall behind me. The rest of the Marauders were nowhere to be seen.

"Leave me alone, Sirius."

I don't give him a chance to respond as I walk back to the dorms.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Classes went smoothly. I had ignored the Marauders all day, even Remus, which was especially hard. Regulus didn't speak a word to me, and when I accidentally knocked his pot of ink over, all he did was sigh.

I walk to the common room, the girls asked me to meet up before dinner tonight.

When I stepped into the common room, Lily waved me over. I began walking to her, but someone stopped me.

"How long are you going to ignore us?"

I glare at James, "Until I don't want to throw you all off the astronomy tower."

"How long will that be?" Peter asks.

"I don't know."

I step around them and join Lily on the couch. She gives me a sad smile but glares behind me. "Piss off, Potter."

"Relax, Evans. I'm not here for you."

"I know," she says, glaring.

James stands in front of me, "I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. Please stop ignoring us."

"And is Sirius sorry too?" I ask.

"Yes, he is-"

"I'm not," Sirius says, walking over.

James sighs, "Oh, come on, mate. Just apologize for fuck's sake."

"I don't want to."

"Then go away," I say.

James frowns, "Please, Sirius."

The dark-haired boy rolls his eyes. "Fine. I'm sorry..... seriously, sorry."

Lily looks over at me and sighs, "Go on."

"Where's Remus?"

James grins, "In our room, throwing a fit over you ignoring him."

"Are we good now?" Sirius asks.

"For now," I respond.

James jumps up and down excitedly, "Yes! Come on, let's go see Moony."

He grabs my hand and starts pulling me to the boy dormitories. I stop him and raise an eyebrow, "I can't go in there."

"Fine, I'll go get him then."

James disappears up the stairs, leaving me alone with Peter and Sirius. Sirius shakes his head, "I still can't believe you snitched."

"She's scary," Peter says, his eyes widening.

I smirk, "Remember that."

Loud footsteps are heard as Remus almost falls down the stairs. He stops in front of me, his fluffy hair falling in front of his eyes. "Please don't ignore me again. It was brutal being stuck with these idiots."

"You've been with them for years, I think you'll manage without me."

"But I don't want to," Remus says.

I blush and the other boys whistle. Remus panics, "Shut up."