𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍.

𝓛𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍           ✱           𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝓛𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 ✱           𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍.

( i took a chance with my heart and i
feel it taking over. )

     jasmine's heart raced as she spotted paige across the bustling campus courtyard. she seemed to be in a hurry, the clock pushing two thirty as she strode through different groups of people. determination swirling through the girl, she managed to catch up to her.

     "hey, paige." jasmine called out, her voice betraying none of the turmoil swirling within her.

     paige turned, a smile spreading across her face before faltering slightly at the sight of jasmine. "oh, hey, jas." she replied, her tone guarded. the confusion was evident in her eyes, but the girl was always one for ignoring hints being thrown — when she had a plan, it would always play out the way she wanted it to. she always got her way.

     jas studied paige's expression, sensing the tension radiating from her. "i heard you have a big game today." she remarked, trying to keep the conversation casual despite the real reason she'd stopped the blonde. paige always thought she was good at pretending to care.

     paige nodded, her eyes flickering away for a moment before meeting jasmine's gaze again. "yeah, it's a big one." she admitted with a huff, her hands wrapped around her backpack straps. her demeanor proved that she wanted this to be over with she wanted to see what to point of the conversation was.

     jasmine took a deep breath, mustering the courage to ask the question that had been burning in her mind since she heard about the rumors. "so, uh, i've been hearing things ... about you and alina."

     paige's jaw tensed imperceptibly, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "alina?" she echoed, feigning ignorance though she knew exactly where this conversation was headed.

     "yeah," jasmine pressed on, her heart pounding in her chest. "are you two ... together?"

     paige hesitated, her gaze flickering towards the ground for a moment before she met jasmine's eyes once more. it was situations like these she hoped she would've been able to avoid, but there she was, getting stuck in a predicament that was completely her fault. "no, no, we're just friends." she insisted, her words sounding rehearsed even to her own ears. maybe downplaying your situation-ship to your ex girlfriend wasn't the best idea, but it was paige's best interest in the moment.

jasmine studied paige's expression, searching for any sign of deception. but all she saw was the familiar mask of stoicism that paige had always worn so well. "oh, okay." she replied, trying to keep herself from sounding too excited about it. she let a silence linger between them as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, the wind making it impossible to keep it out of her face.