𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝓛𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍           ✱           𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝓛𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 ✱           𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

( we even talked about you and our couple of
moments. he said we should hash it out like a
couple of grownups. )

    a few days had slipped by, each marked by a deafening silence between paige and alina.

alina, after much contemplation, began to understand the notion that perhaps paige truly did need some space. it was, after all, the first time any of her romantic engagements had been put out into the public, not including the rumors that had swarmed her freshman year about her sleeping around. and it was unwillingly, a situation bound to elicit a spectrum of emotions. furthermore, ali was aware that she was paige's first serious involvement since commencing her college basketball career, and it could've all been ruined it just one night.

    as the day waned, alina found herself grappling with the realization that her hesitance to initiate a conversation with paige was stupid. she resolved to rectify the situation and break the ice, shooting her a few texts. however, when a few hours past and she'd finally had to courage to open up an app other than her messages, she encountered a deluge of social media activity from paige. videos and story posts featuring her teammates flooded alina's feed from the past couple of days all taking place after the situation had came to the surface and a few after her texts. each one proved that paige was unbothered and fine. if ali was being intentionally ignored, paige executed the act of ghosting perfectly.

     interpreting paige's silence as a hint, alina opted to take a step back. this wasn't the first time she'd avoided her with silence, and she wasn't sure if that gave her hope that they'd end up talking again or upsetness that they hadn't learned from last time. she used a bout of sickness as an excuse to skip practices, thankfully having already done enough promotional work for the team to fly under the radar. but as game day against minnesota crept closer, alina knew she couldn't keep dodging her responsibilities. it was non-negotiable; she couldn't afford to miss it.

the uncertainty that lingered between the two was overall a hard watch for the team. they were kept out of the loop despite their questions, and learned to stop asking days ago. it was getting harder and harder to ignore their tension the two not having said a peep. azzi, had clearly had enough of it as she strolled on over to a focused paige, the blonde engrossed in tying up her basketball shoes. the girls had been in the locker room pre game, their warm-up jerseys hung on their necks.

paige's demeanor hadn't only showed in her silence, but in her game, too. the team had been starting to get worried, which resulted in kk recalling her conversation with paige before the situation even came about. she said she could tell paige had a certain look on her face as they talked, as if she were guilty and contemplating. she'd also made a joke about how she predicted it and that she should be a fortune teller, but the huskies were not up for jokes; their best friend was in deep and it wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.