◈33◈

"Hobi, come eat," I said, placing the food on the dining table.

He came to eat but I didn't sit down to eat. Seeing this, he said, "You won't eat?"

"I'm not hungry," I said in a weak voice.

"You will get sick if you don't eat."

"I don't feel well," I said as I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm and said, "Are you upset?....About Jungkook?"

Hearing his name made my heart flutter. I remained silent and Hobi said, "I understood."

● ● ●

[Jungkook POV]

"HAHAHAHA...." I laughed out loud causing the people of the bar to look at me.

"Jungkook, sush! People are staring," Jimin said & pressed his palm against my mouth. But I bit his palm and he pulled his hand away in pain.

"Jungkook, what always happens to you every few days? Why are you acting so crazy?" Namjoon said a bit annoyed.

"I know I'm worthless. I can't do anything well," I finished the entire bottle of wine. My insides are burning.

I can't even express how I feel inside. I feel so small, failed and cowardly that I want to dig myself into a hole. Only alcohol can give me temporary peace now.

"Calm down first. What happened again?" Namjoon said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"There's nothing left to happen," I laughed out loud.

Jimin and Namjoon looked at me intently. I said slowly, "I thought everything between us was going to be okay again. But before everything was okay, another problem appeared."

"What happened again? You said you gave Y/N proof. She didn't believe you?" Jimin frowned.

"Stop talking about faith. Someone's here to break her faith," I quipped.

"Who is that"

"Jung Hoseok i.e Hobi, her school time friend."

Namjoon sighed, "Whoever comes, you'll be rewarded if you're honest."

What kind of reward? What crime have I committed? Due to family pressure and mental weakness, I believed what I saw with my naked eyes at that time. But when I came to know the truth, I repented and asked for forgiveness. Still.....

Now that I have done wrong once, will it be true if someone accuses me of another wrong? But now this is happening. God has now sent Hobi to take Y/N away from me. God must be playing with me now as he has played with me since the beginning of my life. But this time I'll quit the game before he can end me.

I sighed and laughed, "I don't need to. It's been too much, no more."

● ● ●

[Y/N POV]

Several days passed. I go to office regularly. But I haven't met or talked to Jungkook. He is avoiding me completely. If his eyes meet mine, he averts his eyes. He hands over and submits the office work to me through Miss Lina.

This change in him made me restless. The more he avoids me, the more my heart longs to see him.

I know he is very hurt. But what can I do? I'm afraid to run into your arms, Jungkook. Once I was cheated into having a relationship with you against my parents' wishes, I suffered unbearable pain. I am so afraid. I don't want to leave anyone out. I want to hold on to everyone and live.

I completed one file and picked up another file and was shocked. It was a doctor's report.

I turned the first page and saw it was Jungkook's. Here is some information about his health condition. I started reading it.

Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems.

When I started reading more, I found that he is suffering from major depressive disorder. His level is also quite complex. To avoid the physical problems caused by this, he has to sleep with sleeping pills. It can also sometimes cause asthma attacks.

I was startled. Since when are these happening? What is the reason for this?

I started feeling very bad for him. I didn't know he was suffering from this health problems till now. Is he having some kind of problem that I don't know about?

I took the file and knocked on his cabin. He said from inside, "Come in."

I took a deep breath and went inside. He glanced at me, then frowned and turned his attention back to his computer, saying nothing.

------------End of EP 33------------

20/04/2024
Saturday
06:57 PM