episode four

~Y/n's pov~

   There were two boys sitting behind Ashlyn. A tall one with pale skin and dark brown hair, and one slightly shorter, with blonde hair and tan skin. He seemed oddly familiar...

  I take a few steps towards Ashlyn's seat and that's when it hits me. I see a golden chain hanging from the boy's neck, a small sun charm at the bottom. But it couldn't be...

~Flashback~

    "Are you gonna forget about me..?" Aiden asked in a quiet voice, looking at me with tear filled eyes. I shook my head and handed him his gift. I had wrapped it in a small, red box with smily face stickers on the top. He opened it and pulled out a golden chain with a small sun charm hanging at the end of it. He looked at me curiously.

   I pulled out my own necklace from under my shirt, a silver necklace with a small crescent moon at the bottom. When you held the pieces together, they would connect. They were friendship necklaces. I saw a small smile appear on Aiden's face, and we both stood up, dusting ourselves off.

  Before I could say anything else, he pulled me into a tight hug, wrapping his skinny arms around me tightly. I hugged him back, a tear falling from my face.

   "Promise you'll never forget me, Y/n..?"

   "I promise, Aiden."

~End of flashback~

I bring my hand to fidget with the silver necklace under my hoodie. How could it be him? That was the last time I had ever seen my childhood best friend, and now he's here. How? I don't know.

   I continue up the isle and sit beside Ashlyn, giving her a hug. She just smiled and hugged me back softly. Ashlyn didn't really like physical touch, but I was an exception.

   "Help me," she whispers to me quietly and I giggle. "That boy has been talking non-stop." Before I could even respond, the blonde boy speaks up.

   "Y/n! Long time, no see," he says, smirking at me and pulling me into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It really was Aiden. On the way to school, we had spent the whole bus ride catching up. He told me how ever since I left, his parents began moving around the country for work, and that he never had any time to make any new friends and that he only had his cousin, Ben, to keep him company. After I left, he dyed his hair. He felt like I would like it more, and I did. He wasn't the quiet kid I had once knew.

  I told him how I met Ashlyn; and how my parents were away on a trip and that they would be happy to see him once they got back. I couldn't help but smile. I had Aiden back. And I will never lose him again.

  Ashlyn, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled about the boy. According to her, all he did was yap. I smiled, listening to Aiden as we walked in the school. He continued talking as Ashlyn and Ben walked on the side of us.

   "Woah, this is a small school," Aiden stated as I began showing him around.

  "Yeah, its a pretty small town," I told him as we continued our convesation. Ashlyn ignored him, and Ben didn't really say much.

   We walked a bit longer until Ben grabbed Aiden's orange smile t-shirt, stopping him from walking and talking. He pointed towards the office. Because they were new, they would have the pick up their schedule.

  "Oh rightttt," Aiden began, "We just have to pick our schedules-."

  As he turned towards Ben, Ashlyn quickly grabbed my arm and rushed me down the hallway, trying to escape the yapping boy. I laughed as I looked back to see Aiden laughing. He sent me a wink before me and Ashlyn disappeared around the corner, and my face flushed.

   "He was just being friendly," I chuckled when I saw the relieved look on Ashlyn's face. She just rolled her eyes.

  "He was talking way too much for my liking," she shrugged and we began making our way to our first class.