episode seven

~Y/n's pov~

   I chuckled as Ashlyn got up to go hide in the bathroom. I don't know why she didn't like Aiden so much. Oh well. I did. Wait. Pause. That's absurd. Right?

   I get up to greet Aiden's parents. It felt good to see some old faces after such a long time. I saw their eyes widen in shock as they saw me appear behind Mr. Banner.

   "Y/n? Is that you?" Mr. Clark asked, while his wife held in a gasp, covering her mouth with her hand. I smiled as the couple recognized me, almost tearing up. When we were little, they treated me as if I was their own child, right along with Aiden. Aiden and Ben smiled softly as they pulled me into a hug. I hugged them back, sighing softly. They pulled away eventually.

   "Aiden! Why didn't you tell us that Y/n lived here?" Mrs. Clark questioned Aiden, giving him a stern glance even though there was a small smile on her face.

   "Oops," the blonde boy said cheekily, sending me a wink."Guess I forgot to mention that part."

   I felt my face flush slightly and I looked away. I quickly changed the subject.

   "Um, I'm gonna go fetch Ashlyn," I stated quickly, disappearing from the living area. Tonight would be a long night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   We all sat at the table, chatting. I had finally convinced Ashlyn to come out of the bathroom. She sat next to me at the table, with Aiden on my other side. I listened quietly to the conversation between their parents, glancing at the boy occasionally. Just looking at him made me catch the slightest butterflies... eventually he caught me looking. The mischievous boy gave me the smallest smirk, and I turn hurriedly to stare at my lap, taking a sip of my drink. Ashlyn just glared at the boy suspiciously. We then tuned into the adults' conversation. Aiden's father spoke up.

   "Sorry for coming on such notice. Aiden told us Ben, him and your daughter have been fast friends, so we wanted to come introduce ourselves-" he was cut off as Ashlyn's parents began coughing and hacking in shock. I let out a small giggle, an amused look on my face.

   "Oh my, are you two alright?"

   "Y-yeah, sorry-"

   "Don't mind us, go on-" said Mr. Banner, and Mr. Clark continued.

   "I was just saying we're just happy to see Aiden and Benny fitting in. We move around a lot, and ever since Y/n's family moved when he was little, Aiden's always been homeschooled. He refused to go to school. And even for Ben, its been awhile since he's gone to public school," finished Aiden's dad.

   "Oh! That's exciting, are you guys having fun?" Mr. Banner asked, and I saw a mischievous look appear on Aiden's face, and he sent me a wink.

   "Yep!" he grinned smugly, especially with the field trip."

   Ashlyn looked up from her drink, glaring at the boy. I just shrugged. If she wasn't going to tell her parents, I would've. The blond continued.

   "I thought it'd be fun for Y/n and Ashlyn to come along too..." he finished, giving Ashlyn's parents an innocent smile.

   "What field trip?" Mrs. Banner asked, giving Ashlyn a curious glance.

   "The kids have a group history project about Savannah."

   "Oh right, Ash and Y/n was talking about that earlier."

   "Their teacher also planned a field trip to Savannah for the project. It'll be an overnight trip though," said Mrs. Clark, and the parents continued their conversation.

   Soon enough, the Clarks got up to leave. Ashlyn's parents and I smiled as we walked them to the door, and Ashlyn followed begrudgingly. Aiden suddenly pulled out the extra permission slip from earlier and handed it to Ash's parents.

  "In case you decide you want to go," he said, a smile never leaving his face. "It was nice meeting you, Mr. and Mrs. Banner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Mrs. Banner and Ashlyn slumped on one couch, while me and her dad sat on the other. He spoke up.

   "Well they were nice."

   "I thought it was never going to end," Mrs. Banner groaned, and Ashlyn groaned again.

   "Dunno about you guys, but imma go get ready for bed," Ashlyn got up, tired and annoyed. "Ill see you tomorrow, Y/n."

   "Bye, Ash," I gave her a quick hug and grabbed my book sack. It was just a three minute walk to my house, I only lived down the street. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Banner, see you next time."

   I gave them both hugs as I made my way out of the house. Today had been a long day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I flopped down in my bed, glad to be in fresh pajamas and in peace and quiet. Today had been a long day. Not too bad though, I had finally got my best friend back, Another thought crossed my mind as well. That Hernandez boy....

   Just as I cut my phone off and set it on the charger, I felt it buzz. I picked it up one last time, unlocking it. It was a text message from Aiden.

Aiden:
hey N/n it was glad to see you again
I'm glad that were back together again , I missed you so much. ps- I still have the necklace :)

   I smiled as I read the message, a blush appearing on my face. I quickly responded and set my phone on the the nightstand, falling asleep.

Me: glad to see you too, I missed u as well. I told u I'd never forget you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "I'm so glad you both decided to come!" Aiden said happily as we walked towards the feild trip bus, and I grinned. Aiden then turned to Ashlyn. "You made it seem like you weren't going to go."

   Technically, she didn't have a choice. Me and Aiden bothered her about going literally every hour of the day for the past week, until she eventually gave in, annoyed with the two of us. She just mumbled to herself, annoyed already.

    "Oh, Ash. Cheer up! It'll be fun!" she softened slightly as I nudged her, trying to get her in a better mood. Ahead, we saw the twins arguing over who knows what.

   "Hey! Get your own!"

   "But I left mine at home, please Ty!" Taylor begged her brother, clasping her hands together with a pleading expression on her face.

   "No!" he replied, a grumpy look on his face. He glanced at me as we walked up, his face softening ever so slightly, but then turned back to his sister. Logan seemed to be talking to someone over the phone about something urgent.

   Mr. Walters spoke up. "Alright, everyone start filing on the bus. We're getting ready to leave for Savannah in T minus five!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- don't forget to vote!