episode five

~Y/n pov~

   Me and Ashlyn were having a conversation on the way to our first class, discussing our classes and schedule as we navigated through the crowded hallway.

   "Incoming!"

   Ashlyn yankes me back by my book sack as a grey Adidas shoe flies right where my head would've been if Ashlyn hadn't saved me. We both turn to look at where the shoe came from.

   A few feet down the hallway, we spotted a group of jocks, one being held captive on the other's shoulder. There was a girl who looked almost exactly like the captive guy recording the scene, laughing as he screamed to be put down.

  "Ah! Sorry," one shouted at us as they continued to mess with the guy. Ashlyn glared at them, annoyed.

   "You should be!" she yelled, while I stuck up the middle finger at the boys. I saw the boy on the tall jock's shoulder watching me.
The tall one continued.

   "We were just goofing off," he said, laughing and dismissing the incident. I rolled my eyes. Then some random boy accidently bumped into one of the baseball players, and that's when all hell broke lose.

   "Hey! Watch where your going!"

   "You wanna fight!?"

   "You asked for it!"

   "So this is eleventh grade..." I mumbled as me and Ashlyn watched the fight break out. We both froze  and glanced at eachother as we saw a teacher appear in the hall, and we swiftly scrambled to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "201, is this right?" Ashlyn asked me, glancing at the paper then at the door. I just shrugged.

   "That's what the paper says, so it must be-" before I could say anything else, a boy behind us dropped all of his papers on the ground, letting out a yelp. He had light brown hair with slightly tanned skin, and glasses.

   Ashlyn bent down and picked up the papers, handing them to the boy.

   "Here," she said nonchalantly. A blush appeared on the boys face, and he fumbled over his words. I mean, Ashlyn was pretty. What could you expect?

   "Oh, um, thank you," he said shyly, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he looked down. He kind of reminded me of a puppy in a way.

   "Yeah, no problem."

   We sat down in our assigned seats, me sitting directly in front of Ashlyn. She looked at the seats next to us, and then she let out a loud groan. I turned to see what the problem was, and then I laughed. Aiden C. was the seat next to mine, and behind him was Ben C., across from Ashlyn.

   "Oh c'mon Ash, he isn't that bad," I chuckled, she just slammed her head down on the desk, still groaning.

   "Maybe there's two Aidens..." she mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   About ten minutes later, the classroom was filled with chattering students talking about summer and how their vacation went. I glanced at the clock and noticed that the teacher was late. Kinda weird for the first day...

   My thoughts were interrupted by the yelling coming from the doorway. Ashlyn raises her head to glanced up.

   "We wouldn't be late if you had helped instead of recording!" yelled a boy's voice. Before I new it, the boy and girl from the hallway earlier appeared in the doorway. They both had light brown skin with brown hair, wearing matching t-shirts.

   "Sorry we're late," the boy said frantically, while the girl continued.

   "Please don't mark us tardy!" the twins glanced around, looking for the teacher only to discover there was none.

   "They aren't here yet."

   "We still have a chance!" the girl let out a sigh of releif. She spoke too soon.

   "A chance?" Spoke a voice behind them. "Are two of my students already late on the first day of school?"

   The twins turned around slowly to look at the voice, only discovering to be a young man with glasses and a kind smile on his face.

   "Just kidding!" he grinned cheekily. "A class rule is if we're both late and you get here before me, you're safe-" our teacher then cut himself off, glancing down. "Where's your shoe?"

  So it was his shoe that almost murdered me in the hallway. The man then continued.

   "You should find that after class."

   "Yes sir." the boy grumbled, casting a small glance at me and shrugged, mouthing a small sorry.

   "Go ahead and find which desk has your name on it and take a seat," the teacher directed the two, then he made his way to the front of the classroom with two boys behind him. Aiden and Ben. Aiden smiled in our direction and I smiled back, while Ashlyn crouched down to hide behind me. Our new teacher continued.

    "Sorry I'm late, everyone. These two are new to the school, so make sure to give them a warm welcome. You guys can take a seat as well."

   The two boys made their way to their seats, Ben giving me a small wave which I returned, and Aiden grinning from ear to ear. The optimistic teacher continued once more, clapping his hands together,

   "Let's begin with introductions, shall we? We'll go in alphabetical order."

   I felt the boy twin with the missing shoe from earlier looking at my back, but I ignored it. Aiden just kept grinning while Ashlyn mumbled incoherantly about how she was ready to go home. Ben was silent as always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: how do y'all feel ab a love triangle between Tyler, the reader, and Aiden?? I loveeeeee love triangles :D.  don't forget to vote!!