episode six

~Y/n's POV~

   "When its your turn, state your first and last name, and say something about yourself. As an exapled, I'll start us off. My name is Thomas Walter and this is my first time teaching my own class," Mr. Walter said proudly, writing his name on the white board with a blue dry erase marker. "I look forward to being with you all!"

   "Ashlyn Banner. I like dogs." Ashlyn said quickly when it was her turn, wanting it to be over with. Then it was my turn.

  "Y/n L/n, I like combat," I said, a smile on my face. Ever since Aiden's parents set me up for training when I became Aiden's friend, I've loved it ever since. Even when I moved to Georgia, I begged Ashlyn to ask her parents to teach me even more combat moves, which I enjoyed.

   "I'm Aiden Clark, I like bungee jumping, sky diving, rock climbing, racing, water skiing-" Aiden would've kept going, but Mr. Walter sent him a glance. I laughed quietly in my seat. Next was Ben's turn, but he was fast asleep on his desk.

   "Hello, I-the-uh... Logan Fields," stuttered the quiet, shy boy with glasses from earlier. He continued quietly. "I mean i'm Logan... I enjoy astrology. Next, it was the siblings from earlier.

   "I'm Taylor Hernandez!" stated the pretty girl. "Im in the mechanics club. Come say hi if you get the chance."

   "I'm Tyler Hernandez, yes, we're twins. I'm in the baseball club," said her brother, a bored expression on his face. A few more people continued to introduce themselves, then the teacher began talking.

   "Alright, now that introductions are done, lets talk about the semester-long group project!" he stated, a power point appearing on the board: SEMESTER-LONG GROUP PROJECT :D. He continued. "Today, you'll be chosimg your group partners for the project, and each group will consist of six to seven people each. Oh, and no one will be allowed to work alone."

   I smiled as I heard Ashlyn huff behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "The rest of the class will be about the project, so go ahead and sit wherever with your group for today," Mr. Walters finished and waited for us to re-arrange.

   Everyone seemed to already know what group they wanted to be in, so there was only seven of us left: Ashlyn, Ben, Aiden, Logan, Taylor, Tyler, and myself. We moved our desk to form a circle in the corner of the classroom. Our teacher went on about our project.

   "Our main focus this semester will be the history of Georgia's oldest city, Savannah. This is also what your project will be about, and the topics you'll choose to present on are stated in your rubric. Additionally, there is an overnight field trip to go along with the project!"

   Some people were excited about the trip, like me and Aiden who grinned at eachother. And some people... not so much. Like Ashlyn who let out a groan. She knew if I wanted to go, I would force her to go with me. And unfortunately for her, I did. Mr. Walters kept talking.

   "If you are interested, the permission slips are on my desk and include everything you'll need to know," we all turned to glance at the stack of pink papers on his desk. "For the rest of the period, please choose what topic your group would like to present on. You've got twenty-five minutes, so spend it wisely."

   With that, he took a seat at his dest as chatter filled the room, each group discussing the field trip and presentation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   The bell rang, and me and Ashlyn stood up, the Clark boys right beside us.

   "Don't forget to have the slips signed and bring them back on Monday."

   I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to find that I had been added to a group message for the project. I put my phone back in my pocket as we made our way towards the door. Aiden stopped us, waving a field trip paper in front of me.

   "You both should go on the field trip!" he said excitedly, grinning. I smiled back at him and grabbed a paper from him, his grin growing wider. Ashlyn on the other hand, didn't.

   "I'd rather stay home," she said, and I rolled my eyes.

   "Oh, c'mon Ash! It'll be fun!" I exclaimed, but she ignored me and continued walking. Aiden grabbed her a permission slip anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Looks like school went well," said Mrs. Banner, Ashlyn's mom, as we sat at the dining room table. Most days, I stayed at Ashlyn's house, I didn't really like staying at my own house by myself, plus her parents didnt seem to mind. I only lived a few houses down the road.

   "It did!"

   "It didn't."

   We answered simultaneously as Mr. Banner sucked his drink through his straw, looking at us as Ashlyn banged her head on the table.

   "Oh, Ash, stop being dramatic," I stated, rolling my eyes, amused. Her mom continued for me.

   "Well on the bright side, maybe you'll make some more friends," her mom said hopefully, and her dasd nodded in agreement. Ashlyn looked up, annoyed.

   "You know that isn't going to happen."

   "How could you say that?! How can you deprive your parents like this?" Ashlyn's mom exclaimed dramatically, pausing to glance at me and her husband. We then caught on. She continued the theatrics.

   "Where are they? Our memories of you having sleepovers or birthday parties that include more guests than just Y/N?" I agreed by nodding my head, falling on the floor, clutching my chest where my heart is dramatically.

   "Our memories of bonding with your friend's parents and planning playdates with more than just one child? We want those parenthood experiences where we put a glass against your door at 3AM and listen to what you and your friends talk about," her father jumped in, sniffing loudly.

  "You guys done yet?" Ashlyn looked up, a serious yet small smile appearing on her face.

   "Yeah." we all said together, getting up from the floor. Her father continued talking again.

   "But in all seriousness, in your entire sixteen years of existence, you've only had one friend. I get that people are exhausting, but sweetie you can't just avoid-" Mrs. Banner cut him off.

    "No, I think she's fine Mike. She has Y/n, and socializing is more effort than it's worth anyways. Honestly," she paused, and Ashlyn jumped in, both of them saying, "I'd rather do something else."

   Mr. Banner and I groaned, both of us slouching in our seats while I opened a bag of potato chips.

   "Aaaand I give up," we both said simultaneously. We sat in silence before we heard knocks at the door. Mr. Banner hopped out of his seat.

   "That's probably the delivery guy," he left the table and Ashlyn and I both pulled out our phone. Then I received a text message.

Aiden:
Knock
Knock

   I grinned, showing Ashlyn the message. She looked scared and yelled at her dad.

   "Wait, Dad, don't open-" before Ashlyn could stop him, he opened the door, and low and behold there stood Aiden banner, holding some sort of pan with food.

   "Hi!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Ok, so I'm definitely doing the triangle. the plot will basically be how Tyler falls for the reader first, but the reader has fallen for Aiden first, but Aiden doesn't return his feelings for the reader until later and the reader doesn't return Tyler's feelings. maybe when i get to season 2, I'll make two separate books with alternate endings?? let me know what u guys think. Don't forget to vote!