Chapter 2- A sudden realization

As N was thrown out of the church by Uzi he hit his head in the staircase, rolling down it and crashing behind a pile of rocks. One of the many eyes from the solver had checked outside just moments after he crashed, however it detected nothing and shut the church's doors. N was knocked out cold for a good long 20 minutes before rebooting and waking up. He gasped and sat up, looking around, confused. Then it hit him, Uzi had just saved his life at the cost of her own. His eyes hollowed and he was frozen for minutes, processing the events he had just went through. He felt like crying, was Uzi really gone?

He got up and looked towards the sky, he could see the surface. "She's not dead. She's probably found a way to escape." He continued to repeat similar words over and over again as he flew towards the exit.

Meanwhile, J was pointing her gun at the group of workers standing in her way when N flew out of the hole and landed with a hollowed eyes expression. He didn't acknowledge J, Lizzy, Thad, or even Khan. He just stood there, feeling as though at any second he would collapse.

"Ugh. Moron bot? What are you doing- oh- uhm.." J noticed his expression and stood there awkwardly.

"Yo N! What happened down there man?" Thad walked forward, holding a pipe, he raised an eyebrow.

"Where's V and that purple freak?" Lizzy had one of her hands on one hip and the other leaning against Uzi's railgun.

"....." N looked up slowly, looking at the group then at Khan. "She's gone.."

"What? Who?" Lizzy raised a digital eyebrow.

"Uzi..."

Khan gasped and hopped down from the bus. "I knew you murder drones were bad influences! If you hadn't have brought her with you, she would be safe at home!"

"Then where's V?" J completely ignored the other issue at hand.

"She had sacrificed herself first to get us to the information we..uh needed." N looked down.

"...oh..." Lizzy looked down too. "What about Doll?" She looked back up at N.

N shook his head as if silently saying that Doll didn't make it. Lizzy covered her mouth in shock.

"This doesn't make sense! Uzi would have survived- she's not stupid!" Thad was rightfully confused about the situation.

"I bet to differ." Lizzy pulled out her sassy attitude once again, telling Thad Uzi was an idiot.

N took the keys off his outfit and handed them to J, who was about to accept when N pulled his hand back. "Wait...where does the core lead to?"

"Uh- well if you fall through, I guess space? Or just underground-" J rolled her eyes and tried grabbing the keys again.

N pulled away. "...I guess we're going to space then everyone."

---------
Word count-476