Chapter 4- The hunt

A few weeks had gone by and N was losing hope. He and Thad had searched the tunnel system over and over again with the map that Nori had made. Cyn had fled the cave system deeper into the core, leaving it a hollow empty place of sorrow. Lizzy had been quiet during the weeks, still processing V and Doll's deaths but she was starting to come back to her senses, slowly. Khan had stayed back in the church, going over all his wife's things, it must be hard for him. He had come to terms with Nori's death a while back but now finding out she was alive? Ouch. And on top of all that, his daughter was missing or just straight up dead.

Thad had found Tessa's old bow that must have fallen off when Cyn fled. He had gifted it to J which seemed to make her act less violent for the time being, but other than that, nothing had really been found on where Uzi could be. Khan had been holding onto Nori's collar which he had gifted to Uzi before she vanished from their lives.

N was sitting in the new pod, looking down at the keys. One turn and the pod would be able to search space. "Oi! Moron bot!" N looked up to see J hop down into the pod, her hands resting on her hips. "Since we haven't found anything here we've decided to leave the planet and search space for your worker girlfriend."

N blushed from embarrassment at the title J had called Uzi.

Girlfriend?

No, Uzi was just his friend? That he held hands with. And danced with. And blushed at- OH ROBO-JESUS! He did like Uzi like that. He shook his head to snap him out of it. "Alright, you sure we've checked everywhere in the tunnels?"

J groaned, "Robo-god N! Yes! Now it's time to head off this wasteland of a planet and find that purple freak." She snatched the keys out of N's hand and started the pod. N was lost in his thoughts as Thad, Lizzy, and Khan climbed inside.

"Yo N." Thad snapped his fingers in front of N's face to get his attention. "You nearly left this." Thad handed N the toolbox Nori had, which had information they needed inside.

"Oh! Yeah- thanks." He grabbed it and placed it down on ground in the corner of the pod.

J sat down in a chair as Lizzy, Thad, and Khan sat on the floor. "Alright losers! Let's go find some dumb worker drone!" It shocked N by how fast the pod moved up into space, but he had experienced it before, though he didn't remember. The pod slowed down as they were now surrounded by a black endless void of nothingness, stars here and there. N looked at the cameras in awe, the planets were beautiful.

"Alright so what's the plan? How are we gonna find Uzi out here?" Thad waited for an answer as the toolbox moved a bit.

"SWEET MOTHER OF ROBOT GOD!" Lizzy fell over, staring at the toolbox, soon everyone was staring at the box as it moved over again. Everyone kinda stood still, frozen and unsure of what to do.

"I say we throw it out-" J blurted her sentence as the others gave her a look of disapproval. The top of the toolbox flung open.

Suddenly a core jumped out onto the open top. "Robo-Jesus did you have to take off so fast!?"

Khan gasped, he recognized that voice. "Nori!?" Everyone was shocked besides N who waved at the core.

"Yeah yeah- but seriously-" she looked over to see who said her name and was shocked, Khan, her husband, standing alive in front of her. "Khan!?"

"Enough of this emotional Bullshit! We have a mission!" J cut the reunion short as she glared at the workers and the core.

N nodded and looked down at his hands, praying to whatever 'Robo-god' everyone speaks of that Uzi would be safe and would return soon. Unknown to N, his prayers had been answered as the group spotted a large ship.

------------
Word count-695