Chapter 9- Directives.

The group, led by Uzi, walked into the elevator as a robot hit a button on a giant control panel which caused the doors to shut. N looked over to see Uzi fidgeting with her fingers while biting her lip. Sweating symbols were running down her visor as her eyes were hollow. She was leaning forward and back, clearly nervous. Who the heck was this 'Captain' and how come it made Uzi out of all drones nervous. He reached his hand over and gently placed it on her shoulder, trying his best to comfort her in silence. She stopped fidgeting and smiled slightly, placing her hand on his while it rested on her shoulder.

Soon the elevator reached the top and the doors opened. Uzi immediately took her hand away and walked in. "Captain?"

Two red eyes opened and stared directly at Uzi, it was dark in the room so no one dared step out of the elevator. "Why must you wake me, worker?" It was similar to the Solvers voice but more distorted. Out of instinct, N ran straight to Uzi's side to protect her. The eyes got smaller in shock.

"Well, we found other drones floating in space and we're hoping you'd give them directives? A purpose on the ship?" Uzi glared at N before looking back at the two eyes.

.........silence.

"Very well." The distorted voice spoke again. "On the talk of directives. How long has it been since you've completed yours worker."

Uzi froze, N looked over and noticed her stressed expression. "About uh- three weeks..."

"And you haven't received reminders about it. Or did you ignore them." Uzi looked down, she had to speak the truth. She didn't wish to be thrown down a trash shoot today for lying.

"I uh-" She began before being cut off.

"There's been no reminders." She slowly looked towards N who was trying to keep her from getting in trouble. He noticed her pissed expression and immediately felt bad.

"....." The eyes turned to a smaller bot in the corner. "Take the drone to the repair ward and get the others cleaned."

Uzi's eyelights half lid as the same type of holographic light surrounds her from the smaller robot and takes her to another elevator while the others in the group follow. They stopped in an elevator as Uzi was placed back down in there, she had been hovering about an inch off the ground. She crossed her arms and didn't look towards N, still pissed off. N stood by her in the elevator as everyone kinda nervously looked back at the captain before the doors shut, lowering them down.

When they reached the ground level the small bot hopped into the little compartment on the front of the shivering vehicle. It was slightly different, several were attached in the back, like a train? A tram? It was strange to N and the others. Uzi sat down and N sat next to her as the others piled up on the other cars attached. It sped off as N tapped Uzi's shoulder, nervous. All he got in return was an annoyed groan and her shoulders moving away from him.

As they continued down the robotic highway, the vehicle made a turn down an empty hall, giant circle doors layed in front labeled, 'Repair Ward'.

-----------
Word count-555

Sorry the chapters short!! I'll make the next one longer!