Chapter 5- Welcome aboard!

Uzi was going over protocol with Lindsey, she had been chosen for it since she had become Lindsey's favorite drone over the span of a few weeks. Lindsey never admitted it but Uzi could tell by her behavior.

"Passenger count?" Lindsey was walking down one of the halls, followed by Uzi.

"Unchanged." Uzi and Lindsey both had their hands behind their backs.

"Spare parts?"

"Unchanged."

"Pipe pressure?"

"Unchanged."

"Heating system?"

"Unchanged."

"Robots in service?"

"Unchang-" An alarm went off in their hallway, Lindsey rushed to the boarding room with Uzi following from behind. The two walked into the room when the doors opened and saw a pod like spaceship. Uzi gasped, that was similar to the pod she and N used to hang out in!...N...

"Uzi!" Uzi looked over at Lindsey who had snapped her out of it. "Please go secure off the hallway! And be quick about it, I don't know what's inside this ship."

Uzi nodded as Lindsey tossed her one of the key cars she had attached to a belt on her waste. Uzi caught it and proceeded to leave the room and run down the empty hall. She got towards the road filled with different robots, she walked over to a wall and typed in the code on the key card in which allowed some sign warning bots, or whatever Lindsey had called them, to rush down the hallway and redirect the robots down a different section of the area. She sighed and walked over towards the door, it lead out into the city that Lindsey had shown her weeks ago, she had practically memerized the place from how often Lindsey took her around there.

Uzi typed in the code one the key card and the doors quickly shut. She turned around and started trying to get back in time to see what was in the ship they had found but the sign bots refused to let her pass. She groaned and yelled over and over for them to move.

"Stupid robots! Stupid programming following bots!"

She sighed and kicked one of the bots over, she ran past the other few and down the empty hall, typing in the code and shutting the door on them. She snickered at their stupidity, though stopped knowing if Lindsey caught her doing that, she might as well join the extra meat in the airlock. She walked down the hall slowly before the doors opened and she was back inside the boarding room.

"Uzi! Come here!" Lindsey called to the drone who immediately rushed over. "Can you make sure the cleaning bots do their jobs correctly, the ship that we sent out a few days ago came back, the drones just got a software update and I'll need you to keep them to their directives."

Uzi nodded. "Alright." She walked over to the area where a second ship was brought in, the doors opened and she walked into that area. Earth probes or whatever. She stood there silently waiting, the room got to work as several robotic like hands for different purposes rose and began to open the ship. The probes were places one by one under a blue light type thing, Lindsey never told her what they were called. Then came the cleaning bots, they emerged from their little charging station and rolled over. The first one scanned and began to clean it off, the others did their jobs as well by getting the first one completely spotless. No dirt in sight. She rolled her eyes and sighed as she watched the drones continue to do their jobs.

Uzi leaned against the wall, crossing her arms. Meanwhile, Lindsey had climbed up the ladder and onto a little miniature catwalk. She walked over to the pod thingy.

"A hatch."

She shrugged and directed a bot to open it. The hand proceeded to do so and Lindsey looked inside. Five pairs of eye lights looked up at her and one purple one stared in anger.

-----------
Word count-667