13. cupid

HWAYOUNG

"Thank you so much Minho, I really couldn't have done it without you," I say as I hug him outside the courtroom. The court ruled in my favour and it felt like a huge weight off my shoulders. "Is there any way I repay you?"

"Actually, there is," he says matter-of-factly. I look at him in anticipation of what he's going to ask for. His answer completely takes me by surprise.

"Your best friend's number. He's cute."

"You mean Jisung?" I ask and he nods. An idea pops in my head.

"OI HAN JISUNG!" I yell out to the poor guy happily walking out of the room who gets scared by my voice. He looks around in confusion.

"What are you doing???" Minho asks in panic.

"If you want his number, I think you should get it from him yourself," I mischievously cackle.

"All this help and this is what I get in return," Minho says in fake sadness. We've gotten pretty close in the span of a few weeks and I had a good feeling about him. Now, whether or not Jisung would move on from his obsession with male celebrities who didn't know a thing about a particle of his existence was up to him.

"Why'd you call?" He asks, walking up to me.

"The floors yours, sir," I say formally, gesturing Minho to step forward and speak.

"Well, I just wanted to know if you're interested in going on a date sometime." Wow, he went straight for it. I'm proud of him.

Jisung sports a flustered look, eyes widening to confirm that he heard right.

"Yes, he did ask you out. And yes, you will go," I say to him.

"Uh...okay," he says while scratching the back of his neck, blushing furiously and looking away. Did he have a crush on my lawyer that I somehow missed in between all the drama?

"Good grief, just give him your phone number!" I yell when I see him stand there silently like an idiot. I turn to Minho and point a finger at him. "You're signing up for this."

"I came as fast as I could! How'd it go?" I see Felix sprinting towards us from the distance. He got held up at work and couldn't make it to the hearing.

"Your girlfriend won the case!" Minho shouts.

"Oh-um- Felix isn't my boyfriend," I stammer.

"Oh honey, I know. You think you're the only one playing Cupid? Two can play at this game," he replies with a wink.

"What were you saying? I couldn't hear you from there," Felix says, panting as he finally reaches the top of the stairs.

"You could've just walked here, you know? You missed it anyways," Jisung sassily says, making us all burst into laughter. "Seoyoon was charged for identity theft and robbery."

"That's great! We should go out and celebrate!" Felix jumps, hugging me.

"You two have become disgustingly cute. Are you sure you're not actually dating?" Jisung comments yet again.

"Minho, please take him out already. He's been single for too long," I say. Minho complies, looping his arm through Jisung's so that they were walking arm-in-arm.

"Your wish is my command. Enjoy your evening, fellas," he says, dragging Jisung away from us as we chuckle at his situation.

"Drinks on me. Let's go," he says, offering his arm to link mine with his. I don't think about it much and go with the flow.

"Drinks being juice or coffee. You have to go to work tomorrow, remember?"

"Don't be such a killjoy, Hwa. Even drinking coffee can be fun if it's with me," he says with a flirtatious wink, catching me off guard.