~34~

"Jisungie, you're awake early today."

Jaemin commented with a pleasant smile as he had woken up at 8 AM on Saturday and went out of his room to see Jisung sitting in the living room watching TV.

Jisung just nodded like it was an everyday thing and asked, "Hyung, do you have work today?"

"No," Jaemin answered. "I want to spend your whole last day with you, so I canceled everything. What do you wanna do today? Anything."

"Well..." Jisung said sheepishly, "my friend invited me to his house already and I agreed..."

"Oh," Jaemin's face fell. "Which friend?"

"Umm, a new one. I don't think you know him," Jisung lied.

"Well be safe then," Jaemin said reluctantly. "When are you leaving?"

"I think around 11."

"Okay. Tell me when you go, I'll be in my room."

Jisung nodded and turned his attention back to the the TV screen and Jaemin went to his bed and pulled out his school laptop when his phone rang. The caller ID was Huang Renjun. Interesting, they hadn't communicated for a while. Jaemin wondered what was going on so early in the morning. "Hello?"

"Hi, good morning Jaemin-ssi," Renjun's voice came in sweetly.

"Good morning," Jaemin replied. "What's up?"

"So you know how graduation is coming up?" Renjun started.

"Yes?"

"I'm planning to take my graduation pictures soon. I really liked the ones you took for me before, you're a really good photographer. Do you think you could help me take my pictures this time around? We'll provide the equipment and everything," Renjun explained.

"Oh, sure-!" Jaemin was happy hearing the words that someone recognizes he has skills other than just playing around. "When?"

"Well, I was thinking today, but it's kind of a short notice, so-"

"Today's good. I don't have anything scheduled at all," Jaemin offered quickly.

"Oh really? Do you think you could come in a couple of hours? Maybe around 10?"

"Sure," Jaemin agreed.

"Thank you so much," Renjun said warmly. "I know it's a little out of the blue, but thank you Jaemin-ssi."

"Anytime," Jaemin smiled. "Do I bring anything?"

"No, we have that covered."

"Okay."

After the call was ended, Jaemin worked on his laptop for a little while before going through his morning routine and getting prepared to head to Renjun's home. "Jisung, I'm leaving in twenty minutes to help my friend with something," he informed his dongsaeng.

"Okay."

The older boy soon left and Jisung immediately scrambled over to the window to see his hyung exit the apartment building. He noted Jeno's black vehicle casually parked in a visitor parking space. Jaemin walked past it with not suspicion at all. He went out the gate and waited on the side of the road with the pretty tree canopies at the bus stop.

I'm coming down now, Jisung texted Jeno. He made sure all the lights in the home were turned off, then locked the door before leaving.

At ground floor, he hopped into Jeno's care and the two drove off quickly. They'd definitely get to Renjun's home before Jaemin.

Jaemin was taking his dainty time and arrived about fifteen minutes after his brother and friend had arrived. He rang the doorbell to which Renjun came to open quickly and let Jaemin in. "Hi! I'm really happy you could make it today. Haven't I always been talking about inviting you to my house?" He led Jaemin down a hallway to the living room. "Do you want something to drink? Or to eat? Are you hungry?"

"A little I guess, but I'm fine," Jaemin assured.

Renjun got him some tea and snacks anyway, then told Jaemin that they were doing the shoot in his basement where there was a nice backdrop and props.

Jaemin followed him down the stairs to the dark basement. What a saw made him him do a double take. On the wall was light-projected the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NA JAEMIN" and on the side was a pretty picture of him that Jeno (?) had taken in the flower garden when they'd gone biking together a while back.

"Wha-"

The words and picture disappeared as the bright lights of the basement were suddenly turned on, and now in front of Nana's eyes were pink and gold streamers hanging on the walls, balloon arches, pretty decorated tables holding different foods and desserts. His mouth dropped open and his eyes were still processing when collective voices started singing "Happy Birthday to you~" drifted into his ear, and he looked around for the owners of the voices. The adlibbing was no doubt Lee Haechan's voice. Renjun had started singing beside Jaemin as well, but was everyone else hiding or what? Jaemin heard voices from different directions but didn't see anybody.

The song ended and they cheered before someone yelled "WAIT- we weren't supposed to do that."

"Jeno, turn the light back off," a familiar voice coming from behind a table commanded.

The lights suddenly went out again upon demand, and Jaemin's eyes were drawn to the fire of cake candles in the dark. Someone was holding a cake coming toward him, and Jaemin recognized his sweet dongsaeng's face in the light of the candle fire.

They sang "Happy Birthday" again (the first time was a blooper accident) and after finishing the song, they all crowded around Jaemin and were urging him to make a wish.

Jaemin happily folded his hands to his face and closed his eyes while the others patiently observed.

I wish that Jisungie will live the best life.

He opened his eyes again.

Maybe he should've wished for a best life for himself. Or maybe that his family would accept him and Jisung again. Or maybe he should've wished...that he could end up with Jeno.

He opened his eyes and blew out all the candles, and the others around him cheered. Someone turned the basement lights back on and Jaemin was brought back to the beautifully decorated room, with the smiling faces of his friends around him.

"Happyy birthdayy~" the boy Chenle congratulated him in an excited high-pitched voice while squeezing Jaemin in a hug. The latter wouldn't have expected Chenle to be here but he was happy that he'd been invited and like how lovable and close the younger was with everyone.

They all excitedly crowded around precious Nana, hugging him and all speaking to him at once. Despite it being noisy, Jaemin's face radiated with happiness.

It felt good to be loved by so many people.