~42~

Have y'all seen? ...Nomin's outfits at the Dream Show 3 yesterdays been wildin'...and shirtless Jeno at the end of the Smoothie performance...lemme go die in a hole now.

----

Jeno's sister Lee Mija was smart. Too smart for him. So smart, that by the end of a mere thirty minute chat in his bedroom, Jeno had spilled basically everything. How awkward.

Mija was empathetic toward her dongsaeng Jeno, but she was also her parents' daughter and knew how firm they and the Jung family were on Jeno and Kiara's relationship and future. She knew that Jeno wasn't one to speak out, and if he did too late, then the whole corporate business future would flop. So she had no choice but to tell her parents about Jeno's feeling, that he might be falling out of love with Kiara. She didn't spill the reason, though, leaving the crush on Jaemin a secret.

So that's what led to Jeno now sitting stiffly on the living room couch, parents in front of him, Mija on the side.

Jeno didn't want to look them in the eye. He was playing with the edge of his hoodie sleeve.

"So this is why you act strange recently?" his mother started worriedly.

"Hm?"

"You've been acting different because this has been going on for a while, you thinking that you don't like Jung Kiara," his father stated, not smiling.

"I guess," Jeno admitted in a mumble. He shrugged indifferently.

"Is there a reason?"

Jeno gave his sister a quick glance before looking back down. She'd better not tell them the reason, that he likes someone else, a boy, and a poor one too.

"No," Jeno lied, an edge to his voice.

"Well then, you just need to change," Mr. Lee said matter-of-factly and stood up. "Go on a date with her, anything, but end of the conversation. You already have a plan for your future. It's not good to change it." He turned to leave but stopped in his tracks when his son responded behind him.

"I don't have a plan for my future, it's your plan!" Jeno yelled.

His outburst was followed by seconds of silence. Jeno never raised his voice really; he'd been taught and followed well to keep a quiet tone at all times.

Jeno continued since no one responded. "Are you really forcing me into a marriage without love? So I can pick up some business you have? Is money and social status more important than a person's feelings? Is money and social status more important than me?!"

"Honey, your father—" Jeno's mom tried to calm him down, but he wasn't finished.

"I don't love her. How can you expect me to be successful in work if I can't even cooperate with the most important relationship I'm in?!"

Jeno's appa remained calm as he answered, "We've already talked over this, our families have, far too long ago. And you've been with Kiara for years. You've known her since you are born. Is it fair for them if you just drop this whole commitment? And your mother and I have worked so hard to setting up everything for you. You should be grateful."

"But I don't love her," Jeno protested.

"Do we need Kiara and her parents to hear about your problem as well? Do you need to talk to them about how you feel?"

"No," Jeno said weakly.

"You don't even have a good reason to leave her," his father might have said with a hint of scorn.