~44~

⚠️WARNING: some @buse/r@pe involved⚠️

----

It was interesting seeing Youngjae at physics the next day, but there was no such thing as "awkward" in Youngjae's dictionary, thus he made good friends with Jeno. A word that was in his dictionary, though, was "gossip", and you bet he literally spied on Jaemin for Jeno.

Jaemin thought he was safe and sound, having gone to the library and used the machine to shred the poem into pieces. So when he was sitting in his study hall time, he was dismayed when Youngjae came up to him and told him that Jeno already saw the poem.

"I don't think so," Jaemin said worriedly. "I was watching him the moment he took it out of his locker.

"Bro, why don't you want him to know what it says? I mean it's cute and everything!" Youngjae wished to state the obvious.

"Because," Jaemin sighed like it was the hundredth time he was explaining this, "he has family plans and a girlfriend whom he's had for ages. You think I'm supposed to change that? With my reputation?"

"You have a good reputation now."

"Looks wise. Who knows what they actually think." Then Jaemin looked back at his laptop and began typing furiously, as of that meant he was trying to shut the conversation.

But Youngjae didn't take the cue. "You could talk to his parents or something."

"It's not that deep," Jaemin argued. "Me and Jeno being together is like so not important. We could focus on different things and find different people." Although Jaemin knew in his heart that he'd never find someone else like Jeno.

"True," Youngjae mumbled and went off because Jaemin was being stubborn, but his mind contradicted his words.

Jaemin was left in silence to do his homework for a few minutes when another intruding voice stepped in. It was Kiara.

"Na Jaemin," she started with that demanding voice of hers. Oof, they hadn't spoken in a while.

"Yes?" Jaemin replied, not looking up from his screen.

She opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off when Jaemin said first, "What do you have to say to me? I always avoid Jeno now. We aren't close anymore."

She frowned like he wasn't supposed to interrupt her, but then opened her mouth right back up and said, "Well even if you're avoiding him in-person, you still give him hints and stuff."

"What do you mean?" Jaemin argued.

"Writing poems to him and everything! If that isn't worse!" Kiara fumed.

"I wasn't planning to give it to him, someone else stole it and did," Jaemin retorted.

"You probably staged the whole thing and you're playing dumb right now," Kiara hissed.

Jaemin glared at her, incredulous. "What the actual f—"

"You turned Jeno into an emo loner, and he never even talks to me or anyone anymore. You should feel ashamed," Kiara accused.

Jaemin felt no point in arguing with her, and instead resumed his project, ignoring her words and pretend as if she wasn't there. It made Kiara furious, but eventually she could only leave because she wasn't getting anywhere.

Jaemin sighed. He was being attacked everyday by Jeno-related people, and it was stressing him out. Sometimes he wondered what his life would actually be like now, if he'd never met Jeno at all.