Away Game - Pt 2

Decided to post this one super early! Please leave any ideas you have in the comments.

_____________

It was a cold and drizzly morning in Manchester as the team ate breakfast and began getting ready for their match against City. It was a crucial match for them, a win would place them above Chelsea in the league, with only a handful of games remaining. Liv dropped the twins off with one of the staff members who had offered to care for them during the game. After dropping the twins off, Olivia made her way over to the bus, one of the last to board. She saw Eva towards the back, saving a seat for her. As she sat down, she pulled out her headphones, deciding to listen to some of her favourite music on the way to the stadium to help calm her nerves. It wasn't going to be easy playing the team she only left 2 months ago, but she had to figure it out.

Liv leaned her head on Eva's shoulder, looking out the window. She quickly closed her eyes as she felt her breathing speeding up. The palms of her hands got sweaty, and her mind began racing at a million miles an hour. Her heart was pounding in her throat.

Eva quickly noticed, immediately turning around, concern etched on her face. She grabbed Liv's trembling hands gently, taking slow deep breaths. "Breathe." she said. "You've got this, Liv. I'm right here." She kept a firm grip of Liv's hands, slowly stroking the backs of them. "Just focus on your breathing, okay? In and out, nice and slow."

Liv closed her eyes, trying to listen to Eva's advice as she struggled to regulate her breathing. After a couple of minutes, Liv's breathing began to steady, and she looked up at Eva, noticing the small smile pulling at the corners of her mouth. Liv just leaned forward, resting her head on Eva's shoulder.

"Thanks E." Liv said shakily

"Always," Eva whispered, "I'm always here for you, alright?"

Liv nodded, and Eva felt a couple of tears beginning to soak her shoulder. She just pulled her closer, rubbing her back gently. "I love you." Eva whispered, "So, so much."

Liv sank further into Eva's hug, feeling so safe in her embrace. "I love you too, E" She said quietly, as her thoughts slowed back down to normal.

Once they arrived at the stadium, Liv went and found Steph and Beth while they were getting ready to head out for warm-up.

"Hey, guys," Liv greeted them, obviously feeling tense. "Mind if I tag along for a bit? I, uh, could use some company."

Beth and Steph exchanged a knowing glance, sensing the tension radiating off Liv. "Of course, Liv," Beth said, wrapping her arm around her little sister. "We're all in this together, remember?"

Liv nodded, and as they made their way toward the pitch, Liv took a deep breath, trying to calm the storm of emotions swirling inside her.

"Can't shake those pre-game jitters, huh?" Steph asked, her voice filled with empathy.

Liv chuckled nervously, running a hand through her hair. "Yeah, you could say that," she admitted. "It's just...playing against man city, it's like everything's come full circle, you know? I can't help being nervous."

Beth pulled Olivia closer, squeezing her gently. "It's natural to feel nervous, Liv," she said gently. "But remember, you've trained hard for this moment. Trust in your skills and in the team. We've got your back, no matter what."

Steph nodded in agreement, offering her own words of encouragement. "You've got this, Liv," she said firmly. "Just go out there and show them what you're made of. We believe in you."

"Thanks, guys," Liv said, her voice more steady than it was a minute ago. "Let's do this."

Beth and Steph smiled at each other, and headed out onto the pitch. Leaving Liv alone in the tunnel, watching the stadium begin to fill up.