The New Normal

"Come on E!" Liv shouted, "We're going to be late!" They were both returning to training today after spending a couple of days at home with the twins, and helping Lily recover. They needed to be at training by 9, and it was already 8:30.

"I'm just giving Lily her medications." Eva called from the kitchen. Olivia walked in with Emily in her arms, and leaned against the counter. "There we go.... Allemaal gedaan!" Eva said, kissing Lily's cheek and picking her up.

"If you're going to make these kids bilingual you're going to need to teach me some." Liv laughed, following Eva to the front door and grabbing her shoes. "I can't have these two asking for things in dutch when you're away." She said with a playful smile, as they both picked up their training bags and the twins bag and walked out to the car.

"I'll teach you some." Eva said, turning around on the front step. "Promise." She finished, pecking Liv on the lips. She turned away and walked around the car to strap Lily in. With a sigh Liv opened the door and put Emily in her carseat before getting in the car to head to the training grounds.

About halfway to the training grounds, Eva turned to Liv looking nervous. "What's up E?" Liv asked, moving to hold her hand.

"I was wondering..." Eva paused, clearly searching for the right words, "Should we tell the girls about us today? I feel like if we don't, Beth might let it slip or they'll figure it out since I stayed home with you these last few days."

"Yeah, we probably should." Liv said, looking out the window as the scenery passed by. "Why don't we just try and tell them all at once? Preferably earlier in the day so we're not nervous the whole time? I have a feeling they all suspect something anyways." She laughed. With that, they had their decision made.

Once they arrived, Eva went to get both the babies out and Liv went to get the pram from the boot and open it up. The twins were going to stay with them all day, in the gym, on the pitch and in the changing rooms. They would be staying with Liv and Eva until Lily's doctors had done some more tests, which luckily, all the arsenal staff and girls were okay with. Eva set Emily down in the pram, but Lily was dead-set on walking today.

"My independent baby girl!" Liv cooed, moving over so Eva could push the pram. She held her little girls' hands above her head, and they slowly made their way into the building.

"Look who's back!" Someone shouted as they walked in. They looked up to see Lotte and Viv walking towards them. "We missed you guys!" Viv said, giving Eva a hug before giving Liv a side hug since she was holding Lily's hands.

"We missed you guys too!" Eva said. "Let's head into the changerooms."

"Come on!" Lotte said, spinning on her heel and leading the way into the changerooms. Lily giggled, and started following Lotte as fast as she could. "Lots, wait up a minute!" Liv chuckled.

Lotte turned around and grabbed one of Lily's hands, helping her walk into the changerooms. "Look who's back!" She said, as everyone turned towards the door.

"My girls!" Beth squealed, running over and wrapping Olivia in a hug. "Ugh I missed you! How are my little nieces doing?" She asked, pulling away and picking up Lily and going to check on Emily and Eva. The rest of the team made their way over, greeting the 4 girls as they made their way in. After a couple of minutes of chaos, Emily started crying, reaching for Beth to pick her up. "Beffyyyyy" she whined.

"Aww love, what's wrong?" Beth asked her, picking her up and rubbing her back. Emily didn't respond, and instead just covered her ears and buried her face further into Beth's shoulder. "Okay everyone, I think that's enough squealing for now!" Beth said, loud enough to be heard over the din. Everyone was a bit shocked that Beth was the one making them all be quiet, but they all complied, starting to move back to their cubbies and resume preparations for practice. "You feeling alright tweety-pie?" Viv asked quietly, coming up behind Beth and wrapping her arm around her.