Love Me Tender, Love Me True

Half conscious, Regina registers the familiar, unmistakable warmth of the body beside her and pulls it closer, weaving an arm around the other woman's waist and nuzzling into the softness of her hair. The peaceful murmur the action elicits stirs her and her heart swells when the brunette turns into her body, pressing her face into the crook of Regina's neck.

This is what it was always supposed to be like with them.

Part of her is desperate for the other woman to wake up, but she's also terrified of the fact Lena is the kind of woman who could change her mind and be out of the room before you could blink. Perhaps she'd be better off freezing them in this moment for the rest of eternity.

As if sensing Regina's heavy deliberating the brunette lets out a satisfied hum and allows the beginnings of a smile to twitch her lips, bringing one hand between them to play with the necklace she had no idea the queen still wore. She takes a greedy breath of her intoxicating perfume and leans in to press a lingering kiss to the base of her neck.

"I want to stay here forever."

Regina can't help but smile at the gravel in her voice, shuffling away slightly so she can look the brunette in the eye to ensure she's being sincere. The lack of tension her jaw was so often tight with indicates that she is.

"I'm sure Henry would have something to say about that." She smirks, pressing a kiss to her nose before ducking down for her lips, pressing her back into the mattress gently.

"Can't we just...?" Lena leaves the question drifting between the little space between them with her wrists interlocked behind her lovers neck, pulling her closer.

"Just what?" Regina poses wickedly, feigning innocence.

A creak from the floorboards down the hall startles them both from their moment of bliss and Lena chuckles lightly, shaking her head. "Nevermind."

"You know... Henry's spending the day with Emma. In fact, she's picking him up in just short of an hour..." The queen tells her as one brow climbs suggestively, grinning when Lena's eyes light up at the prospect.

"I'll swing by Granny's to get us breakfast." Lena beams, sweeping up to kiss her once more before practically leaping from the bed and conjuring a new outfit for the day, eager for the hour to pass.  Just as she makes to hurry down the stairs Regina catches her by the elbow and connects the lips once more.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Lena frowns, confused. "To get Granny's...?"

"Not that way." Regina shakes her head and subtly glances to the window, earning herself a scoff.

"No way. I'll risk a hit from Granny's crossbow." Lena snorts, disappearing in a cloud of deep red smoke and finding herself behind the dwarves in the breakfast queue.

"Hey lady, you can't skip-" when she turns to glower at the man behind her his eyes widen in recognition and he sputters. "Um- I mean... this ones on me?"

"Thought so." She smirks, plucking the proffered cash from his trembling fingers and smiling to herself at the long forgotten feeling of content. Just as she's about to order she feels a tug on her belt and beams when she looks down to find Roland, reaching down to sweep him into her arms. "Hey kiddo! If you're gonna ask for more cupcakes, I've already told you you can't have them for breakfa- oh."

Her brows raise in surprise when she catches a ruggedly handsome man watching them with a playful smirk. "An honour to meet you, m'lady. I wanted to thank you for taking care of my boy in my absence."

"Oh!" Lena repeats brightly "it was no problem. He's a good partner in crime. You're his father... Robin?"

"Robin of Locksley, at your service." He inclines his head and extends his hand to her, and just as she accepts the gesture she catches sight of the lion insignia tattooed on the inside of his wrist. "I'm sure there is no way I could repay you, but should the opportunity ever arise..."