Ch2-Lorenzo Harper

Sofía Volkov. The cause of restless nights, longing stares, wandering thoughts, distracting fantasies, the list goes on.

I stare at her walking to the bar. Her silky long black hair swaying with her steps. She looks back at me and I tilt my head to the side and raise my glass to her. She responds with a nod and a flirty smile.

My little Precious has a crush. That's a shame, she'll get her heart broken from reality.

I lean over the railing from the second floor. It allows me to see the whole club- including Sofia.

This year the Volkov's are hosting for thanksgiving. They've had this huge beach house in Palm Springs and that's where we're staying. One whole week, all of us stuck in the same building. Right now we all thought it would do some good for a little partying even though half of us are jet lagged- well aunt Jules, uncle Josh, Ethan, Dahlia and Sofia thought so. The rest of us not so much. But then again you don't deny 3 women in this family at the same time. So here we are. With Sofia wearing just the right dress to make her curves apparent while being somewhat family friendly.

She orders her drink and a few minutes later the bartender gives it to her. Something seems off though- he had a mischievious grin. After she takes a single sip it's like she's taken ten shots of tequila. Her legs start visibly shaking and it doesn't take a genius to figure what just happened. Anger pulses through my blood but I keep it in check- atleast until I'm done saving the Precious.

I climb down the stairs, making sure to never loose track of her. She's heading my way- good girl.

We meet at the bottom of the stairs.

"I-I don't feel so good." She slurs. She practically passes out right then and there.

Her eyes look into mine, full of desperation and helplessness.

"Precious I need you to follow me okay." I whisper in her ear. Fucking hell I haven't talked to anyone in so long. My voice sounds raspy, probably from all those years without practice.

She looks back up at me in total shock. "Holy mother of everything chocolate. Did you just talk?" She asks. I realize she's in no condition to have common sense since she's looking at a normal table like it's a Time Machine.

"What is that?" She asks pointing to the table.
I scoop her up bridal style and she shrieks before melting in my arms. Her hands wrap around my neck and she stuffs her face in my suit.

"Loré I wanna go home."she says, though it's a bit muffled since her face is still pressed to my chest. I walk out the club and call the valet and he pulls my car around.

"I know sweetheart. Just hold on." I lay her down in the passenger seat of my car and buckle her in. God she's beautiful.

"Mhm mphm" an incoherent mumble comes out her mouth.

"What was that?" I softly ask.

"You have a nice voice. You...should speak...more." She takes pauses in between while closing her eyes. Her eyes open again and they are covered in pure lust. Oh fuck no.

I close the door for her and go in the drivers seat.

"Do you remember what you ordered?" I ask, putting the address on maps.

"Mmm sprite? Maybe lemonade? Ooh with a lot of vodka." She closes her eyes again with a content smile.

I'm doomed.