Ch3-Lorenzo Harper

I walk out the room mentally preparing myself for the lecture I'm about to get from my dad for fuck knows why.

I go in the open living room to see everyone standing there. EVERYONE.

I look around scanning each face for a hint of what's going on.

The aunts are all siting down on the couch with various different emotions covering each face. Two of my uncles hover above them while uncle Josh is sat on the armrest but all his usual giddiness is gone. My mom is pacing back and forth on the side of the room and Nico is comforting Dahlia who looks like she's seconds away from tearing up. Camila and Ethan lean against a wall with both sets of eyes on the ground. Both of them clearly upset about something. My dad is standing just watching my mom pace around.

Dahlia looks up and runs to me. She hugs me so tight I feel like I can't breathe. I gently hug her back sending Nico a questioning look. He shrugs his shoulders telling me to be prepared.

All the "kids" look up with apologetic eyes.

What's happening? I wanna ask. I even open my mouth. But nothing comes out. Why is it so hard to talk I did it with Sofia just a few seconds ago.

"Lorenzo is Sofia asleep?" Uncle Alex asks. I cautiously nod.

"I-I can't do this." My mom is basically hyperventilating when my dad finally brings her into his embrace. She sobs in his chest.

If I don't start talking now I may never get a chance to know what the fuck is happening. I clear my throat and everyone turns their eyes to me. "What's with the family emergency?" I ask.

Camila sends me a soft proud smile so does Ethan. Dahlia looks up with pride shining through her eyes. Nick laughs and basically cheers at the one sentence.

"So you could talk." Aunt Jules says sarcastically even though I know she would never judge me.

Aunt Ava and Bridget both look proud along with Uncle Josh.

Mom finally looks up from dad's chest before walking over to me.

Dahlia reluctantly detaches herself from my arms. "I love you so much." Mom cradles my cheek with her hand as a fresh tear escapes her eyes. I quickly wipe it away. "I love you too." I kiss her palm and she starts crying again. This time she's crying in my arms. My heart breaks just a bit seeing my mom cry. Dad just watches from a far.

"After thanksgiving you're moving to London." He says the short sentence as if it's nothing and starts to walks away. Fuck no.

"I- what?!" I ask upset.

"You're moving to London, not debatable. I've bought an apartment for you and set up a job interview when you get there. After Thanksgiving you're moving to England." He says leaving no discussion.

I look back at him with disbelief. Then look around the room. They all have guilty faces except for uncle Rhys and Alex.

"Seriously?!" I ask. My dearest father turns around and I can tell he's angry.

"Yes. Seriously. How fucking dare you question my decision after what your smart ass did." He practically spits out.

"Christian." Mom warns while drying her tears.

He looks at her for a moment and his eyes soften. But it's not enough to ease much of the anger he has right now.

"Everyone out!" He basically shouts.

Aunt Jules and Bridget  slightly laughs along with my uncles. "You really think we're gonna leave him with you alone while you're all mad and stuff." Aunt Jules says, almost amused by the thought. My dad never hurt me. Ever. Not mentally, not physically not any fucking way. So I'm a little confused on why they're so scared for me.