◈37◈

Full moon in the sky. In addition to this, the sky is filled with twinkling stars. The whole sky is shining with silver light. We both looked at this scene with fascinated eyes.

"The view is beautiful," I mumbled.

"Yes, it is," he said with an absent mind as if he is in deep thought.

Then he slowly spoke, "My father thinks I am a burden to the family."

I turned to him & stared at him intently. He continued, "My father is the sole breadwinner in the family and my mother saves her earnings. My father wants a share of my mother's earnings but mother does not want to give it and they often used to fight over it."

"And I used to be the victim of their quarrels. Both my father and mother said that they could not sever their relationship for me. Sometimes my father even said that it would have been better if I had been poisoned when I was little. I was only a cost, not a profit. ," he sighed.

"My mother wanted me to date her friend's daughter, Yunjin, because her family is rich businessmen and she is the only child. And they forced me to leave home because I refused."

"Your family, I see, is just like mine. My father wanted to marry me off to that playboy from the hotel back in the day so he could get into their business. Greed really does corrupt people's consciences," I said sadly.

"But you never told me this," I frowned at him.

"I wasn't ready," he mumbled & I hummed in response.

"Thank you, Jungkook, for this beautiful setting and food," I said, looking up at the sky.

"You really want to thank me?" he asked suddenly.

"Yeah," I said a little nervously. Because I'm afraid of what he will want in return.

"So, you will keep my one wish?"

"What is that?" I asked looking at him.

"You're going to make our relationship the way it used to be? You, me and our son, all together."

I didn't say anything & just stared at him with fascinated eyes as if he is a dream. He continued, "I don't want to lose you two again. I want to start a family together with you. I-"

I pressed my lips on his to give him a peck but ended up kissing each other wildly. It seemed that he was controlling himself & as he got a chance now, he didn't wanted to lose it.

We pulled out & he said breathing heavily, "Is...that a yes?"

"It is," I smiled.

● ● ●

Jungkook braked his car in front of my house and helped me out of the car like a gentleman. Junho fell asleep long ago. It's almost 9 o'clock now.

I looked at my flat and saw that the light was still on. Didn't Hobi sleep? Or is he waiting for me? I was suddenly afraid remembering his reaction at the office.

"You have arrived home," Jungkook smiled.

I smiled back at him and said, "Well. Thank you & good night."

"You still won't invite me inside?" he playfully said but there was a kind of seriousness in his voice.

"Actually, Hobi is there. So...." I paused.

"I don't trust you with him?" he groaned.

"You are telling me you don't trust me again?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I trust you but.....not him."

I enjoy him being jealous but I am more afraid of it. His jealous is dangerous & unbearable.

"Well, stop this childish behaviour. It's late. Go home & sleep," I chuckled.

"What about a goodbye kiss?" he smirked.

"You are asking for too much now. Goodnight," I went inside the apartment biding him goodbye.

He is so....childish but as well as a dragon.

I stepped inside house, unlocking the door with an spare key. I was surprised to see the scene in front of me.

Hobi is lying barely lying on the couch with bottles of wine lying here & there. Oh God, he drank too much & maybe passed out because of that. He was coughing all of a sudden & then slept again.

I went to my room & put Junho on the bed. He snuggled a little after getting off my arms. I then went back to the living room & called Hobi, "Hobi? Go to your room. You can't sleep here like this."

"A minute..." he snuggled.

"Come on. You can't sleep like this. Look, how you messed up the living room," I said & tried to pulled him up by his hand.

But he was too heavy. When I pulled him more, he pulled me back & we end up falling on the ground.....together.

-------------End of EP 37-------------

22/04/2024
Monday
11:32 AM