VIII - The Drain

I picked at the grass for a moment, playing nervously with the strands I pulled from the dirt, "she's gone

I picked at the grass for a moment, playing nervously with the strands I pulled from the dirt, "she's gone. I don't know how to find her."

My vision blurred as silent tears fell, and my head bowed again.

"I miss you, mom." I used my sleeve to dry my cheeks, "and you, dad."

The three of us sat in silence, the trees above the courtyard singing with the autumn air. I spoke to them for a few more minutes. I tried to make it quick, knowing that if I stayed longer I wouldn't be able to leave.

"I hope you get to meet her someday," I murmured as I stood, dusting off my pants.

"I'd like to hear about this girl."

My stomach dropped as I whipped around in alarm, my heart thumping rapidly once I met his silver completion.

+++++

U̧̢̼̹͓͇̮͈͕̰͑͗ͭ̂̐̓̾̇̑̀̑̌̅̈͟͢͞Ń̷̙͎͍̘͈̰̫̫̭̼͇̻̱͈̝̇͐̌ͧͥ̅͑̏̈̐̉ͫ͝͡͠K̷̴̷̸͇̤̝̥͓̤̖̣̇̏ͭ̇̇̍ͨ͞_̸̸̨̡͎̭̄NͨO̅͆WͨŅ̷̢̮̣̰͚̝̮ͫ̑̾ͤ͌̉̀ͧͪͅͅ

Soon, I'll kill my final piece of evidence... and soon, I'll have control of Fidelio.

+++++

RUFFILO

I paced around the room with my phone in hand, Jolly and Folio's eyes following me with every step. Juice mewed from Folio's lap, and I sighed, staring at the screen. Not even a cat could make me feel better right now.

I ran my thumb across the glass to refresh the app once more. No new messages. Clicking the call button for the hundredth time I almost screamed once it rang until voicemail again.

"Noah's been gone for hours." I swallowed harshly, "and there's still no trace of Y/N."

"Nicky-" Jolly began, standing up from the couch to place a soothing hand on my shoulder, stopping my pacing briefly, "I'm sure Noah's fine- he's probably freaking the fuck out looking for Y/N. Maybe even went to the cafe and Sammy's to fill her bosses in..."

My stomach sunk at his words, and my mind began to race. Something didn't feel right. I knew Noah, and something felt wrong. He told me he was going to go to the cemetery to clear his mind- and I don't think he wouldn't go find Y/N by himself, not after everything that happened. He knew we were stronger in a group.

I shook my head, refreshing my phone for the hundredth time before moaning in frustration, "No. I think he's in trouble."

"He's probably still at the cemetery," Nick reassured me, standing up with Juice in his arms.

"Can we go look?" I asked, eying both of them as I pressed call, ringing Noah again. No answer.

"He took Y/N's car so we'd have to walk..." Jolly groaned.