◈39◈

[Y/N POV]

I went to my table just to be greeted by a red rose & an envelop. I smiled & opened the envelop to see 'Good morning' written there.

Jungkook's sweet side returned again. He is sending me roses every morning. This happiness doesn't last long but still I like it. At least, I can be happy for some moment.

But I feel very bad that he gives me roses every day but I don't give him anything. I don't have time and frankly I don't have that much money. I pay for food, Junho's expenses and daily necessities with my salary. Besides, I have to save a part of the salary.

I don't have to pay house rent because surprisingly Mrs. Jung bequeathed her flat and property in my name. I really don't have anything to express my gratitude to her, she is unfathomably kind.

Even if I have property, I don't want to spend from it. I want to cover all expenses with my salary and save property for future. Because there is no advance notice of danger. Moreover, the wasters are next to devil.

I knocked on the door & entered Jungkook's cabin.

He looked at me as if he knew I would come now. Then he said to me openly, "Missing me already?"

I laughed and handed him the file, "I'm here to give it to you, sir~"

He chuckled & said, "It's hot how you call me sir."

He really knows how to make me blush, doesn't he?

I smiled & said, "You know what, you don't have to give me roses everyday."

"Don't you like it?" he looked at me tensed.

I laughed & said, "It's not like that. I don't want to trouble you."

He sighed & said, "I just bought them when I go for a morning walk. I can even climb a mountain to bring a rose for you."

I giggled & said, "Flirting enough?"

"No, madam. It's just the start," he said & got up from his seat & stood in front of me.

I pushed his chest with my index finger but he caught it right away & said, "By the way, I haven't met Junho for few days. I would like to meet him tomorrow."

Oh no. Tomorrow is Friday. I have to hang out with Hobi. I can't deny him now. He would be mad. Moreover, we are friends. We can hang out to make our friendship stronger.

But Jungkook...? He wouldn't like it. He can even kill him if he hears this. I have save both Jungkook & Hobi. I can't be the reason of them fighting.

I hesitated & said, "I am busy tomorrow."

He frowned & said, "What activities you will be doing?"

"Uh...I...." I swallowed hard & said, "I will go to my friend's house for a kitty party."

"Kitty party? You have friends in Seoul?"

"Uh...yeah. They were my coworker in KIM CORPORATION," I smiled nervously.

He was so confused but I was praying that he may believe it. God granted my wish & he said, "Alright. Best of luck."

He smiled & I smiled back.

● ● ●

"Amusement park?" I was surprised.

Yes....I heard that here are some new rides. But....roller coaster is the best, isn't it?"

"Don't you dare-"

"Do you remember how you used to scream. It still makes me laugh," he laughed.

"Oh...maybe someone forgot about himself..." I smirked.

He coughed & said, "I am a scardy cat. But you are a strong woman."

"Are you now insulting me in the guise of praise?" I raised an eyebrow playfully.

"No, aunt. Let me bring hotdogs for you," he said & left.

When he brought the hotdog, we both sat on a bench and started eating. We both ate in silence and finally quenched our thirst with Sprite. Today I didn't bring Junho with me and left him with the neighbor aunty. Although if I had known we would be coming to the park, I would have definitely brought him. He could play here.

We were silent for a while. Then Hobi asked slowly, "May I ask you a question?"

"Sure," I said, playing with the empty cane of Sprite.

"Do you trust me, Y/N?" his took me by surprise & I replied, "Of course, I do. Why did you ask this?"

"Do see me just as your bestfriend then?" his voice was calm & serious which made me confused.

"Yes. What-"

"But what if I tell you I don't see you as my bestfriend?"

"Why wouldn't you? You are always by my side, helping & motivating me," I was so confused as well as afraid.

"I love you, Y/N."

I startled & chocked on my saliva. I asked breathing heavily, "What....?"

"I really do, Y/N. I don't even know when I fell for you. But what I feel for you is real. I can't stop it anymore. I really love you," he said rapidly but I was having an headache.

Is that why he was getting jealous over Jungkook? God, no.

"This can't be, Hobi. I have never seen you like that. I love & respect you as a friend, I always have," I was anxious which increased my breathing.

"Well, we can start everything..."

"Whatever you saying is impossible. I have a son whose father is someone else & he is alive," I gave him logics but it didn't work.

"I am ready to take both of your responsibility. Don't reject me, Y/N," he somehow pleaded.

"Oh, God. I need to to get out of this," I said & started to walk away but Hobi pulled me & smashed his lips on mine.

My eyes widened like plates but his ones were closed. I tried to push him off but he was strong. Then I pushed him with all my might & put my hand on my pounding chest.

"What are-"

Before I could finish my sentence, a hard punch landed on Hobi's face. I was so surprised to even process in my mind the situation. I looked at the person & shuddered.

It was none other than.....Jungkook.

------------End of EP 39------------

22/04/2024
Monday
10:50 PM