1

Camille

I bit at my nails as we drove past the forks Washington sign

My dad is in the military so this is where we're getting stationed.
Luckily this is my last year of high school so I hope to be moving out soon.

We arrived at our new home. Most of it was finished, we were just bringing the last of our things.

Getting out the car, I heard giggling.
It was my dad's fiancee, Maya. Her and I never really connected. But I can tell her and my dad has a strong bond.
Real love Im guessing.

_

I admired myself from the vanity mirror in my room.

"Have fun at school tomorrow kiddo" my dad says poking his head through the door.
I nod my head not taking my eyes off myself.

That was one of the four sentences my dad repeats to me in a day.

I feel more like a roommate than his daughter.
_

THE NEXT MORNING

"Well how am I supposed to get to school?" I looked between my dad and his fiancee.

"The bike?" Maya shrugs taking a sip of her coffee.
"The bike?" I questioned back.

"I have to get to work kiddo" my dad walks out the kitchen with the car keys in his hand.

They want me to ride a bike to school?

"And what are you supposed to do all day?" I smartly asked my dad's finance.
She just chuckles and shakes her head.
_

I sat on the side of the road trying to fix this bike

I sat on the side of the road trying to fix this bike. The chain popped and I remember my dad literally fixing it last week.