Chapter 2: First Week of Debut Promotions

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Friday, May 26, 2023~4:55PM-

~Evan's POV~

I looked around at all my members who seemed nervous. Howon and Junwon were holding each other, Jinhyuk was pacing back and forth, and Ike and Saei were playing with their clothes. The nerves were everywhere.

"CØLORFUL STARS on standby!" The Music Bank staff called out.

I heard Howon cry out. "Why do we have to go first?!"

"Because we're the newest group." Saei replied.

Howon cried out again, squeezing his brother tightly.

"Guys it'll be okay." I told them. "We've practiced hard for this."

"I think maybe we should cheer, hyung." Ike said, taking a look out at the stage. He must have seen the hosts taking their places.

"I think so too." I said, reaching my hand out.

The first to follow was Jinhyuk, then Junwon, Howon, Saei, then Ike who joined the circle last after taking a look at the stage.

"Take it away, hyung." Jinhyuk prompted my speech.

Although I wanted to take a deep breath, I was afraid it would show my nerves and I didn't want to do that to my members who were already fearful. Instead, I grinned, nodded, then spoke my words I had been preparing since the day I found out I would be leader.

"I understand you guys are nervous but frankly, we don't have anything to be nervous about." I spoke honestly. "We've been on stage multiple times due to PINKSTAR so we know what to expect. We were voted to be here so we know we are liked. The only unknown is whether people will like us together but I think they will. We are all different in our own way and together it makes us special. Let's be like the stars we are and shine on that stage. CØLORFUL STARS fighting on three. One, two..."

"Fighting!" We all shouted, throwing our hands up.

Despite everyone being nervous, they all gave it their loud shout and I couldn't have been prouder. They were finally smiling again and when we made it on stage, they were able to take that adrenaline of nerves and turn it into passion, making for a strong debut stage.

*****

-Sunday, May 28, 2023~2:30PM-

~Junwon's POV~

We were sitting in the dressing room; Howon was playing video games on his phone while I was sitting beside him watching. He finished the round he was playing then put his phone on his lap and looked at me.

"Hyung."

"Yes?"

"I have to pee."

I snickered and whispered. "You want me to go with you?"

He nodded ferociously and we both stood up.

"Where are you guys going?" Evan asked us.

I looked at my little brother who was holding his arms shyly, looking towards the ground. I looked back at Evan.

"We both have to use the restroom." I told him.

Evan nodded then went back to what he was doing, none of the other members giving us any attention either. Howon gave me a thankful smile and I patted his back as we made our way out of the dressing room.