chapter 3

Floyd approached Rhonda carrying his suitcase. He smiled as he set his suitcase down, he looked over seeing viva and poppy hugging their father. John dory and bruce were placing the suitcases inside if rhonda.

"OK everyone. I believe we are all set to go." John dory said.

"Hold on everyone.." Clay said. "Did everyone pack sunscreen?"

"Yes." Everyone said.

"How about swim clothes?"

"Yes clay."

Clay took out his list. "OK let's see did I miss anything? Looks like we got everything we need. Ok let's get going."

At that poppy and viva hurried over to rhonda they waved to their father.

"Bye dad. See you monday."poppy said

"Have a good time girls." Their father said

"We will." Viva said

Inside of rhonda. Everyone sat down on the seats they had chosen. John dory sat in the driver's seat. He smiled he looked back. Everyone ready? He asked.

"Yep." Everyone said

John dory smiled. "Here we go." And with that he stepped on the gas pedal and rhonda ran off.

Floyd was looking out the window when he frowned. He sighed. Maybe he should tell them about what happened. It was time for them to know.

He inhaled sharply. "I think I'm ready to talk about what happened to me when I left the troll tree."

John dory knew he had to keep his eyes on the road but smiled. "We are listening Floyd." He said

Floyd took a deep breath. "Ok so it was after I left the troll tree and walked away from it, i walked and walked for many days until i found a place to begin my solo career. At first i found it hard to focus on writing my first song. I missed my brothers and my grandma. And the first night at a new place I felt incredibly home sick. Maybe i had made a mistake in leaving. I thought maybe I should go back and help grandma look after you branch, but there was always a thought. What if i wasn't able to be there for you, what if i stil needed my brothers when things were too hard for me to handle, i just couldn't go back yet. I had to pursue my solo career and i would do some soul searching, only then when i completed my soul searching would i return i decided.

So when i tried to write my first song i thought about the memories i had with you all and.... I was inspired to write my first song, and when i performed it, everyone loved it . years went by and i continued to write and perform my songs and when i wasn't performing or writing my songs, i was soul searching.

By time i turned 28 i had finished my soul searching. I had figured myself out. And i changed my hairstyle and clothes. Good thing john dory wasn't there otherwise he would have freaked out. Yeah he probably would he said something like...."

" 'Floyd what the heck are you wearing and what have you done to your perfect hair!'" John dory asked trying to hide a smile.

"Yeah floyd said chuckling a bit.

"That totally sounds like me john dory chuckled. "Good thing i didn't see how you look now back then i probably would have yelled so loid i would have lost my voice."

Floyd chuckled then said. "Anyways then i felt that i was ready to return home. So I wrote one final song and decided to perform it at the next place i came to. I had traveled to many places, but the next place had to be special, there after my performance i would announce i was retiring from my solo career, return home to the troll tree, i only hoped grandma and you would forgive me for staying away for so long.