chapter 12

Branch looked back and gasped in horror. Floyd was about to crash into a tree trunk. "Floyd! Look out you're gonna run into that ...." But his warning came too late. Floyd looked forward and gasped and he hit the tree trunk and fell into a pile of leaves,his eyes closed as he fell unconscious.

Branch gasped in horror. He began to run towards his brother.

John dory saw the whole thing from inside of rhonda, he opened the door and climbed out he was about to run when bruce grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"Let me go bruce! Floyd needs my help!"

"No John dory stay in Ronda with the others, I'll distract velvet."

Velvet sneered as she approached Floyd. "Poor little troll, you seriously thought you could escape me." Her hand reached out to pick up the unconscious troll, when suddenly veneer leapt out of the bushes and yelled

"STAY AWAY FROM HIM VELVET!"

"Veneer....move now." Velvet ordered..

"I will not." Veneer glared. "If you want Floyd you're gonna have to deal with me first."

"Velvet smiled having idea. "Veneer give me the troll you always were my favorite brother."

Veneer closed his eyes velvet was trying to manipulate him. But this time it was not going to work. Veneer knew better then to give in. "That may have worked in the past, velvet... but it won't work anymore. I know better now. I'm not going to let you hurt Floyd or these trolls."

Velvet in anger glared. She shoved veneer to the floor veneer quickly crawled over to Floyd, getting ready to pick up floyd and run to the trap himself but suddenly Bruce jumped in front of velvet.

"Hey leave your brother alone velvet. You want a troll, well come and get me I'm right here."

Velvet turned to Bruce who took off and ran after him.

Branch at that moment arrived veneer shook Floyd gently. "Floyd? Floyd? Wake up you gotta wake up."

Branch turned to Veneer he wished crimp was here but at that moment she was trying to dry the bracelet out. At that moment Floyd groaned, he was regaining consciousness but his eyes remained shut.

"Veneer go after velvet and help Bruce. I'm gonna wake up floyd."

"OK but first question, who's bruce. I thought his name was spruce."

"It was he changed it after he became a father."

Bruce was a father? Veneer decided to ask later right now he had to stop Velvet from capturing bruce.

Veneer pause and looked back at floyd. Please be alright Floyd ge sadly thought as he took off after Velvet.

Branch turned to floyd and shook him "wake up Floyd. You gotta wake up!"

Floyd didn't wake up. Branch began to try to help Floyd stand up on his feet. "Come on floyd now's not the best time for a nap. You gotta wake up. Please wake up big brother. We need you."

Floyd tiredly groaned. "Please leave me alone and let me sleep for a bit branch.. I'm tired. I haven't slept for a while." Floyd began to slump.

Branch shook him gently. "You need to lure Velvet into the trap bruce is leading Velvet the wrong way!"

Floyd's eyes flew open. He shook his head. No time for napping he had to lure Velvet into the trap.

"I'll get velvets attention so that she will chase me and I can lead her into the trap."