chapter 11

Floyd was walking in the forest by himself, he inhaled and exhaled. He looked at a nearby river and glanced at the sky, the stars were out, he closed his eyes and made a wish. "I wish i could find my courage so I can stop being afraid when velvet finds trollstopia." he opened his eyes and sighed, too bad that wish was.....

The sound of the alarm filled the air.

Floyd covered his ears it was so loud he was sure that everyone in the world could hear it. Wait that was the alarm and that meant.... The alarm suddenly turned off.

Floyd ran towards the village as fast as he could. Trolls were running and screaming in panic. Floyd ram to the bunker bur what he saw made him stop.

Rhonda was missing. John dory never went too far without rhonda. He opened the trapdoor and called out. "John Dory, clay, bruce, branch! Where are you! Ate you down there! Please answer me!"

Only silence answered him. The trapdoor lid slammed shut as it slipped from Floyd's fingers. Floyd backed away. This..this was another bad dream. He just had to wake up. He closed his eyes and counted to ten and opened them. Nothing had changed. This was real. Velvet had actually arrived. Had she already captured his brothers?

"John Dory! Branch! Bruce! Clay! Where ate you!?" Floyd cried out as he ran throughout the village. He tripped on an empty box of decorations and fell. He saw

Something approach him. He trembled infear as it approached and screamed in fear.

"Floyd calm down." A familiar voice said. Floyd who had covered his eyes with his hands, slowly lowered his hands and opened one of his eyes. He gasped and tears of relief sprang in his eyes.

"Veneer I thought you were velvet." He ran and hugged veneer. "Where are my brothers?"

Veneer sighed sadly. "I'm so sorry floyd but velvet came out of nowhere. She tripped the alarm and everyone began to run to hide. Your brothers and poppy and viva stayed unbidden to help the other trolls hide. But velvet ran towards them so they fled into the forest. A few other trolls ran with them into the forest while the remaining trolls ran trying to find a place to hide. Rhonda ran after your brothers. As velvet headed to the woods I tried to stop her, I tried to reason with her but she pushed me and I tripped over my own feet and I fell into the lake. By time I got to shore.... She was gone. I'm so sorry floyd. I tried to stop her but she's beyond reasoning."

Floyd trembled in fear. He was all alone. He began to sob. "What am I going to do? Who's going to save my brothers? And poppy and..and viva?"

"I don't know. But Floyd there is a bright side she didn't see you and...she dropped this tracker when Veneer tried to stop her." Crimp said.

Floyd sniffled. He then slowly realized something he not captured and he now had the tracker. He gently looked at the tracker and suddenly. He looked determined. "Crimp can I borrow your device to find my brothers?"

"Sure but why?"

"I'm going to save my brothers and the girls."

Veneer grabbed him. "No, I can't let you do that."

"Veneer let me go I have to help them."

"You're going to get caught. I can't let you take that risk Floyd. Look we can just press the button on my bracelet."

"But even if they get here so fast. They won't know where velvet is."

"I can't let you risk getting caught again." Veneer screamed. "Everytime I see the white of your hair I am reminded of that ..... I feel guilty.Guilty that I didn't try to stop her sooner. I don't want you to get captured again. I want to protect you this time."